Severe Lung Injury Associated With Use of e-Cigarette, or Vaping, Products—California, 2019

It seems to me that even Vitamin E Acetate is not a clear smoking gun. It’s a shame that so many news and medical agencies went off half cocked on this and hurt the cart industry so badly.

5 Likes

When clicks and ad dollars are at stake, the truth takes a back seat. Not including any parties who have a vested interest and whatever propaganda they may push

1 Like

I still just find the entire situation really sketchy only because of the way it was reported. The way it was all over the news 24/7 then as soon as every state imposed taxes on nicotine vaping it’s like no one cared about it anymore. Can’t help but think the story got picked up for other reasons. On top of that there was some really blatantly misleading data being released that makes me question the motives

I saw one study that compared lung fluid with EVALI patients with “healthy” vape users. The thing that’s messed up is the “healthy” group were exclusively nicotine vape users. VEA obviously is never used in ejuice because it’s not water soluble. But still they used this “healthy” group as confirmation that it’s VEA because they didn’t find any VEA in their lung fluids. Like, no shit, you tested a bunch of people that have never vaped VEA. This study was used to suggest that there is no one who vaped VEA and remained healthy which obviously isn’t true. 2,700 reported cases is only a few KG’s of VEA that were consumed nationwide, technically half that if people were apparently doing 50% cuts. Honey Cut has been around for a couple years and they probably sold that much every single day. Why wouldn’t there be way more cases if there isn’t something else causing it? It’s not like the 50 companies that were selling the stuff only sold enough to make 2700 carts… Why did some people get sick while thousands of others consumed it and were totally fine? I said before there has got to be a group of people that have a unique reaction to it or there’s another chemical(s) that hasn’t been addressed yet.

5 Likes

Greased palms pushing a squeaky wheel.

2 Likes

Besides news outlets themselves, who do you think stands to profit from a hit to the weed vape market like that?

I was just thinking last week about this. Are people still getting sick? It did not seem like anything changed other than people lost interest

Well, i mean what actually happens when you inhale oil - does it solidify when it cools down in yiur body? I mean overtime would some of it accumulate in your lungs, especially if waxes are present? I dunno just doesnt seem like the healthiest thing to do long term?

Maybe but i wouldn’t expect it to be any worse than just smoking the weed. And every doctor investigating it seemed to finger additives or defects of some kind not just the thc.

We still dont really know

Are cases still occuring and just not getting attention, or did this whole thing just disappear into the mist randomly

It was never about the cannabis industry. The narrative was about Juul/ecigs the whole time even though it never made any sense to someone who understood the difference. They just made it anti-vaping in general and if anything it was deliberately made unclear that it was a cannabis oil issue. Didn’t you see that every state quietly passed massive ecig taxes when this was going on? I hate to go all conspiracy theory on people but man that whole news cycle was a damn near disinformation campaign. Just doesn’t add up to me

1 Like

I noted from the very beginning there was unusual media coordination. That said there were definitely really sick people. Unfortunately i don’t feel like we know the cause and that seems to be because the media didn’t really care about the cause.

2 Likes

They got the effect they wanted though.

Edit: vague fear of all possibilities, no matter how unfounded and more control over the fictitious solutions