Seeking opinions on CBN pricing

Hi everyone, I was wondering what everyone’s opinion was on the value of this product by the kg.

I have attached a COA, it’s 98.62% CBN and 0.22% D8 THC

We have proven that we can take the purity higher and remove the THC, now it’s just a question on what the value add is for this labor intensive process. What would you put the value on for this product, vs something total T-free with >99% purity.

Additionally we can make some stuff that’s ~85% CBN and <1% D8 THC with ND D9. I’m not sure that I’m comfortable trying to move a product below 98% purity, but what would you guys evaluate the theoretical value per kg for this product to be?

This would also be GMP/Iso9001 certified, because I know that’s typically more expensive.

Please note I am not trying to sell this product on here as I am not a verified slanger, I simply want opinions on what something like this is worth.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

3 Likes

Were currently paying 10-12,000 for 95-98% distillate and we were offered isolate 98-99% for 14-16,000 a kg.

4 Likes

Hey man thanks for the input, are these GMP kilos?

1 Like

without the FDA’s involvement, what even is GMP?

3 Likes

That is to say, you almost certainly are not GMP. If I’m searching for a compound that is required to have been made in a GMP facility for a drug product and I’m searching for a GMP contract manufacturer the FIRST questions from me to them are “are you registered with the FDA? have they inspected your facility within the last two years? Did you pass this inspection and what was your rating? Are you able to present your acceptance letter?”

Without an FDA establishment inspection report, you are not GMP in the US. That isnt to say you arent running a tight ship or doing good work or doing your best to ensure quality or that you lack the components to become GMP some day. But the acronym gets walked all over in our industry, and it has a strict definition in the food and drug world.

6 Likes

We have a GMP Certification :woman_shrugging: I can’t speak much to that effect though as that’s not what I do

The isolate is cGMP the distillate is not.

1 Like

I apologize for the novice question but is it a safe rule of thumb that isolate is a higher percentage than distillate or does this just apply to CBD distillate/isolate

And to answer the question I have been seeing 93-95% around 10k and 98-99 at 13-16k

Hi there yes it’s usually a safe rule of thumb that when people are using the term “isolate” it usually means >98% of a cannabinoid. It can also be used when people have isolated a cannabinoid without any other cannabinoids at a lower %. I’ve seen people call 85% CBC oil isolate because there aren’t any other cannabinoids in the oil. :woman_shrugging:

Distillate usually just means that it has been distilled at least one time to achieve its current potency.

Both of these are just marketing terms though, and while in my opinion distillate is fairly descriptive, people misuse the term isolate very frequently.

2 Likes

Ay yay yay. Maybe you have some sort of certification from a third party audit or consulting firm or what have you. But that isn’t the FDA. The FDA is the sole gatekeeper and regulatory body for being actually GMP of food/drug products in our country. If you can convince someone to pay you more for your material by making that claim, that’s great but its also a lie plain-and-simple. There’s no room for interpretation here, if you lack the FDA establishment inspection report and a registration number then you are not actually GMP. That means if Pfizer one day needed CBD, they could not buy it from you.

If you are a FDA registered facility, I would be able to find you in this database:
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drls/default.cfm

This means that every single product you are making is not GMP. I’m not saying this to be a dick, but rather to answer your question. I’m saying that the product is not worth more because of your claims to GMP, because they are illegitimate. Someone mislead someone or misinterpreted something along the way into thinking that something you all did made the facility and its products GMP. An ISO9001 cert is great, but that doesnt make you GMP. Having audits done by third party consultants is proactive and commendable, but it doesnt make you GMP. Frankly, it sounds like you all take ethics and quality seriously which is great. What I’m trying to clarify here is that there is an air-tight definition of what makes a facility GMP. If someone is willing to pay you more for these claims because they don’t know enough about it or don’t ask the right questions, then that works out in your favor. This is probably something you should take up with management or your quality department, because either there’s been a breakdown in communication or someone has the wrong idea of what GMP is.

1 Like

Just here to offer what I’ve seen for CBN isolate pricing.

In the past two months I have seen some large cGMP, FDA Registered, Kosher Certified reputable facilities drop their prices from 20k/kg to 18k/kg and now just recently to 12-14k/kg depending on volume. These are all at 99%+ with clean full panel COA’s and the ability to produce in bulk quantities.

5 Likes

Anyone have opinions on the where prices will land in the end? We’re pretty close to having a solid method developed but investing in scale up is risky- I could see CBN going the way of CBD where in a year or 2 kilos will be $1500.

I told think it will take 2 years

Do you have a kilo of CBN Isolate available? If so, at what price?

I have seen CBN isolate for 15k

1 Like