Save the earth and money. Reclaim water

I wanted to start a Water Reclaim thread. With the way our environment is, and the way our government likes to tax and control us, I figured it is good information, and becoming a nessecity.

I just started reclaiming my water. I am a few runs into recycling and I use multistage carbon filter down to .1 micron with UV sanitization to clean the reclaimed water. I grow in living soil, topped dressed with organics. I also just introduced AGT-50.

So I have been trying to measuring my reclaim, and I’m pretty sure I am recovering 95+% of my water. I’m going to measure and mark my resi and reclaim buckets to get accurate measurements.

This grow is in a hermetically sealed 40’ high cube. 30 site, holding roughly 3 yard of living soil.

I run dehumidification 24/7 365. I have a Mitsubishi heat pump and an Anden A100 ceiling mounted.

I run a NO run off regimen. Each site is flooded with an exacting amount of feed, and typically the tray is left with less than 4 oz of run off.

Almost all water is recovered through environmental evaporation in 12 hours or less. The container maintains a 48-55 RH at 85-90F

In the price of pounds in Cali thread alot of great growers shared some of their RO experience with hydro and run off, and I’m hoping they will all want to type it here again.

12 Likes

The DNR owns the waterways and it’s illegal to collect your own water in a lot of places. The government creates water shortages, not people. All while Nestle siphons millions of gallons out of Lake Michigan.

Thanks for this thread.

20 Likes

Agreed. Conserve water where you can. It’s expensive for the filtered treated stuff from the tap. Also, Fuck Nestle.

11 Likes

I am on my second day of filtered reclaim only. I’m going to see how long I can go before I have to turn the well pump on. I have been running it through media as well, which usually brings the PH up considerably, but because I have it between 2000 - 2300 ppm co2 I’m getting it into my resi at 5.9.

1 Like

I put a couple 5-gallon buckets together filtering through a Doulton ceramic water filter. I’m not getting the volume I would like. I guess I need to install a bigger filter or change to an inline KDF with some kind of pressure assist.

2 Likes

Through the filter or of water? I use shallow well pumps, just cause I prefer the one inch outlets, it pushes between 35 and 55 psi. I do like 2 gallons a minute out of my well, and it’s insanely fast to filter my reclaim. I use an aquasana filter setup with my own .1 micron post filter. Over kill for reclaim, but its what cleans my well water, so I just piped it in.

6 Likes

3rd day, same 50 gallons of water. Just top dressed. 91f 53-48%RH, about to start watering them twice a day, and about to flip on the UV to get that resin and drop some of this foliage.

8 Likes

Beautiful work @vortal, thanks for sharing

4 Likes

Day 5. Same 50 gallons. Probably lost 3 gallons so far, if that. I did notice my resi is a little cloudy today, I’m assuming it is a bacterial bloom. Possibly iron eating bacteria, or something in my BAS top dress as I times my hand in the bucket against my better judgement. Going to monitor it, and add a valve so that I can increase the lul time in the UV filter. I also turned UV on 2 days ago, which should start to clear up any atmospheric contamination as well.

5 Likes

Watered the garden with my $500 automation/remote control setup. Still need to work on the IFTTT programing but I prefer to push the buttons based on data apposed to AI logic. Went with a majority of $20 115v TP-Link Kasa smart outlets, and a bunch of cheap $20ish sensors from sensor tag. I have it all running off a big ole APC and an LTE/5G wireless backhaul.

4 Likes

Going to have to turn the well pump on pretty soon. These ladies are fucking exploding. Polished off a pretty full tank of co2 and displaced and extra 20 gallons of water.

3 Likes

90 gallons so far. I think I’ll be able to harvest under 120 gallons.

Had a new baby and haven’t been to the garden in about 10 days. Which is absolutely fine with me.
Got 20-30 days left depending on the pheno/strain. Dieing for these girls to put some weight on. Electricity has run me right around $350 a month, no rent, no water, no man hours. Cost to produce should be in the double digits.

8 Likes

2 or 3 more weeks and I’ll probably be chopping these down. The entire container smells like rotten apricots and cherries. 100 gallons of :ocean:

5 Likes

Closing in on the end of this run. Looking like most will be done by the 5th. At a total of 200 gallons of water. They are taking water 2-3 times a day in soil.

First time I’ve really been able to push my ppfd well above 2000 and it shows. The internodal growth is super intense, and it’s evident. Had I gone against my normal routine and defoliated a few days into flower I’m confident the entire branches would be bud’s.

Going to take a few more runs to dial in on this tech but I am super pleased with the results. Took a lower branch I broke, dehydrated it over night and tested it. 27.1%

1 Like

Let me know where and I’ll move them here if they don’t break the thread

Where is the well picture? Is there bentonite clay in said well?
Thank you!

Congratulations! Guessing it’s a baby girl…
If so…the scent of lavender (linalool) is the best for girl babies to regulate their sleep.
Science is concluding Lavender is not good for men though…messes with one of their masculine hormones.

Not sure if you’re a terp man, but if so… potentially consider naming a lavender (linalool) terp crop after your baby girl! And why not have linalool & Rose (Nerol) blend!

If it’s a baby boy…Cedar (Carene).

I’m a newish mom, myself. So props on being a proud father! Your Mother Mary’s look like they are proud of you too, exquisite.

2 Likes

The well is 6" from the outside of the container, and 19’ deep. The pump pulls the 1.5" well pipe into a 1" feed that goes through the filter. The filter is carbon and silt/sand as well as physical micron filters and a UV reactor. This all works because I sit on a river.

2 Likes

Took down some SOURkraut… Smells like a booty scratch swamp ass tonsil balls. Deffo not my steez but someone will love it.

5 Likes

@coppertop @Distillatedon

For those of you farming in the desert.

3 Likes