Running none winterized crude in short path

i was wondering what would be the out come of running none winterized crude oil in SPD?

Real hazey distillate with a lot of crap in it.

1 Like

Green fraction

Just call it the “hulk”.

Your resulting distillate will be full of waxes. This means the clarity and potency will be lower as well as the fact that when u mix it into final products the wax content may be problematic. I ran some waxy disty in tinctures once and the shelf life was significantly reduced

1 Like

Hi Rasta7, we are working with customers that have decided not to winterize there product as well s those who do. What others are saying here is true from what we see as well, your product will be “dirtier”, with waxes, lipids, particulate etc. We have a filtration set up that can remove these contaminants. Let us know if we can help. Thank you, gregh@heyesfilters.com 310-212-7777

Hey buddy that 100% is dependent on the solvent and methods used to extract the crude. I don’t mind running non winterized butane extraction because it doesn’t gunk/char up my boiling flask / peristaltic pump (wiped film). Using other solvents to extract could lead to charring sugars and all kinds of stuff that’s a pain to clean and will ruin your feed/discharge pumps and hoses (wiped film).

If you want to run non winterized bho crude I’d say go for it. If the goal product is intended for smoking/vaping, you will need to winterize your distillate.

Repeat…

@Filterman9
Do you have a spam bot that triggers this general reply.

1 Like

Hello Demontrich, I don’t understand the question? Are you getting spam from us somehow? Thanks, gregh@heyesfilters.com

This was brought up yesterday. As soon as someone types in certain key words, your SPAM generic post always shows up. Same with the 2 posts you made today with the same exact wording.

Just like when we flag terry/lamphang spam posts, we will do the same for your spam posting.

Ok, I guess, except this is not a spam posting. At least not by me and the post your are referring to I made, not spam. If you see spam coming from our address, please let me know, I have not seen anything like that as of today. Thanks, Greg

1 Like