Running a chiller with Cls instead of dry ice?

Does anybody run their Cls coil with a chiller?
Everybody runs dry ice and that’s all i see mentioned.
Also can you use it on a Dewax column?

1 Like

chiller all damn day. there nearly no heat load if you pre chill solvent, and f - dry ice anyways…

3 Likes

i Should have clarified.
I want to use it for the coil in the recovery side running active

even more effective there. I would recommend -80 or better.

3 Likes

Just use alcohol as a chilling fluid? What do you use?

1 Like

that’s def an option

solid parts, no leaks, only acceptable way.

@Killa12345
Can you get me a quote on a jacketed bucket for my coil?

Unless anybody knows of another way besides dry ice.

1 Like

I need size requirements but of course I can have anything made.

2 Likes

I just got a -80 20l chiller I plan on using it on my solvent tank for passive recovery once it gets here
100l double jacket solvent tank. I’ll tell you all how it goes

1 Like

I used regular ice for my recovery coils for like 3 years. I ran out of ice one day and said fuck it I’ll just try a dry ice slurry with 99% iso and keep it around the same temps. That shit recovered so much quicker once I started using a dry ice slurry for recovery. You can see the recovery hoses are completely iced over in the pic. And it keeps my tank temps/psi super low for the next run.

4 Likes

I ran a couple chillers for recovery for maybe 6mo or so about 3 years ago. I just tossed my coil directly in the chillers bath. But One chiller alone wasnt enough and it would need at least a half hour between runs to cool back down. So I used two and just swapped the coil back and forth every run.

Tube In shell or jacketed coil is the way not a jacketed bucket

2 Likes

I ise the dlsb 80/30 from lanphan to chill my 50lb jacleted recovery tank, fully passive 5lb material 30lb solvent run in about 3hrs start to finish with crc and nitro push, collection tank barely gets to positive pressure even when I dont pre chill my solvent

1 Like

For large scale production? We use an ETS Mep which has a chiller coil on the inlet side and a chiller coil for each recovery pump for solvent recovery (there is a coil for each pump, 2 pumps). The extraction vessels are also jacketed for you to hook chiller lines up to them as well.

1 Like