Rough percentage of heads vs tails vs mains

Hey guys. I’m not sure if this question even has a general answer but here goes. As I do more spd runs and get comfortable with it, I’m trying to dial in my fractions. I really just go by eye to see when the mains gets darker and I switch it to tails. So my question is, in regards to perhaps switching to my tails flask too early, is there a general percentage of what each fraction should end up yielding. Say I start with 1000ml crude. When I switch to tails it still runs for quite a long time giving me a good yield, although a little darker than mains. I’ll have exactl yield numbers shortly. But just wondering if I should be pulling like 150+ml of tails out of the 1000ml starting. Again, I’ll have full numbers shortly. Just getting the ball rolling on discussion

Test you crude and final result to really understand what your yields are.

1 Like

Ahhh. I’ve actually never dabbled with testing anything yet but would love to know what I’m creating. I plan on doing research on testing my stuff shortly. I’d love to send some test samples out :slight_smile:

If you are Bay Area I can do potency testing for you

@lefties.cannabis is right testing before and after makes all the. Diffrance
A You know what yyou have
B You know what to expect
C You can manage your heads and tails Better say high CBN content switch early
Low cannabinoid content late heads early tails rich cannabinoid main small but rich
IT also Gives a good understanding of When things fuck up or disapear (isomerization)
I don t always do a read out but i always keep a vail of crude and steps in between
So When neccesary i can have a detailed vieuw of what went on or wrong

2 Likes

The better You get at cleaning crude before SPD
And working with a hot condensor the harder iT becomes to work with visuals
So try to get aquainted with a head temp probe to know When what passes a good thermometer is cruciaal for this
With 6 digits readout

1 Like

Vac needs to be set at same point When working with head probe thou !

3 Likes