Rotovap

Looking for ways to speed up my 20L rotovap. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Preheated coil feeding the roto, about 5C over ur bath temp. Condensing coil between ur chiller and roto coils, surround the coils with dry ice if ur liquid can go below freezing. Use ice if your just using water. A 60% Propylene Glycol/40% distilled water mix lets u get down to -55C which should be sufficient

Adding an coil in dry ice to the chiller is my next move. Thanks bud.

Make sure u set it up as chiller → coil → roto. If set it up like that your chiller will work at maximum. If u set it up on the outake its just gonna make ur chiller think it doesnt have to work as hard.

3 Likes

^%q#ing union &^@ing chillers…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna connect it from the outlet of the chiller through the coil into the roto. Correct?

Hi

I am manager terry from China manufacturer that has been specilizing in producing rotovap, SPD, chiller, molecular distillation and so on.

For how to connect rotovap with its accessories, you could DM me and I could provide the video with u.
and if you have other questions, pls tell me .

1 Like

Naw I’m good bro!

I’ve been using my faucet for my cold water for my 5l roto. Works great. All the “waste water” goes into my 45g water tank.

Cost me a total of 12.00 in supplies (hose adapter, 4x hose clamps, and tubing.

1 Like

A 419gph pond pump, tubing, 5g bucket, hose clamps, can take place of the faucet way. Tou will need a supply of frozen pop 2 liters, and ice to keep water cold.

I thought about buying a 10l roto and rigging some shit up for the cooling water

1 Like