Roto ball hard stuff inside

I have an excellent thread for etoh washes and filtering. Search for it, I’m not good a linking posts n such.

Thanks for spoon feeding me guys lol. I was thrown into the position with very little help in January and I’m just over here trying to solve problems lol.

So someone asked why use charcoal? I use it to get rid of the green chlorophyll. And the charcoal is not picking up the surgars and waxes. I dunk our bags for 1 hour. I do 23,000 grams in 40 gallons of ethanol. The only thing that’s slowing me down is this junk in the rotoball.

1 Like

Does water dissolve it easily?

No I just tested it. Water just rolls off it

1 Like

We rotovap at 50 degrees celcius

Also if you get rid of your wine press and switch to panda you might be able to keep your extract cold enough to prevent sugars. Sounds like its warming up

Throw some water in there it will dissolve it. Not sure exactly what it is. Probably gums or sugars

Water did nothing.

Once sugars get burned a bit they don’t dissolve easily in water.

They dissolve in whatever they were extracted with :thinking::exploding_head:

1 Like

It’s not dissolving in water or ethanol. We literally heat gun it and scrub it with steel wool. It takes three hours to remove all of it. Weve tried acetone too. We are afraid to use goo gone just in case the goo gone stays in the rotoball and dilutes the reclaim ethanol, or contaminates it.

Spoon feed me more guys. Just an update for you, we found out white vinegar helps cleans the rotoball. Basically vinegar takes 2 hours off of cleaning. Vinegar totally helps clean everything, even the short path mantle.
So the gunk on the rotoball is totally sugar. Our short path mantle has been burning, and is black after. It’s also a bitch to clean. Vinegar helps that to.
We taste tested it and its sweet. We thought it was vacuum grease from the turn key on our rotovap.
After considering all of your input we are going to use a ton of dry ice tomorrow.

Do you guys recommend any other things we can do to get rid of the sugar?

Try hot water ive had it happen before and it was sugars, nothing else would dissolve it

Super hot water should do the trick. If that isn’t working, ZEP citrus degreaser eats right through it.

Dumb question to you both, so you mean cleaning the rotoball or getting rid of sugar in the crude?