Rosin press go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Are you asking if we Freeze Dry our bubble hash before pressing into rosin?

Then, yes, yes we do

4 Likes

If he’s asking if you freeze dry, he’s gonna have a hell of a time hunting down the gear if he calls vendors asking about a flash freezer…

@Matt889 flash freezers are a thing, and making hash rosin from fresh frozen biomass is generally considered the way to go…but you don’t need a flash freezer to flash freeze.

…and you will probably want a freeze dryer long before you scale to the point of justifying a blast freezer.

:fish: : “freeze dryer”, “flash freezer”, “blast freezer”, “fresh frozen”.

3 Likes

I am asking if all of you Rosin pressers are using this machine or if its not absolutely needed to get going, seen in my pic there, the bud rosin is too green in color, and it burns dirty. “Freeze Drying” I think is generally only referred to using this machine? So I am asking if some of these pics are without this machine :slight_smile:

Yep. We are agreed @ThePhilosopherStoned guessed that correctly…

So what does that machine DO?

Hint Freezing is NOT actually its primary function

In fact, what it mostly does is suck….

3 Likes

it removes all of the water of course, while under vacuum, and freezes the trichomes in place, well, so that they dont darken, and is the best way to get product, but that doesn’t answer my question on if all these great pics are using this freezer.

1 Like

You may well be asking that.

IMO, it’s not the really the correct question.

No, you don’t need THAT freeze dryer.

…and to demonstrate again that “new to you” doesn’t mean it has never come up. (Looking at you @Lando)

See Eg: Live Hash without Dry Freezer?

It does freeze. Its function is to sublime. It has HEATED shelves.

1 Like

it seems you posted a DIY freeze dryer? So, I guess the answer to my question is - Yes, all bubble hash is freeze dried in these pics… ok. I’ll try the siev over parchment paper then into a cardboard box in the fridge for a week and see how that goes since I don’t have a vacuum chamber in my freezer.

Most fresh frozen bubble hash…

I just need some nice sellable yellow / white / golden stuff, the pic I posted is no good, no one wants bud rosin where I am, eventually I’ll buy the freezer.

Stuff like the stuff pictured in this thread goes for like 7 usd per unit in bulk, so the market is insane here, if its not absolute fire its not worth anything at all.

1 Like

Who does?!?

Are you currently dry sieving?
Then you don’t need a “freezer”.

I advise you stop calling freeze driers “freezers” if you actually want to understand them.

…change to Celsius so you guys don’t give me grief

:rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

I currently just press bud, but I have a bubble hash machine coming in a few days, I don’t even personally like the bud rosin so I’ll see what I can make with the bubble hash without the freeze dryer, anything has to be better than this green mess I have now.

I mean… Its not super green, but its more green than it should be, I am using 37 micron bags to get the best product I can out of it, just, its not hash rosin thats for sure!

So what are you referring to with

Do you know of dry sieve?

Perhaps read this thread (from the top…)

And Solvent-less: Bubble vs Dry Sift

1 Like

I do know of it but have not tried it yet, from my reading online it seems people get a better return out of bubble hash, I will do some reading though, and thank you for your advise as always!

2 Likes

If you do not have a way to remove the water, not adding it in the first place is a solid solution imo…

4 Likes

hah, I do quite like that logic, ok, I’ll try the dry sift 1st!

1 Like

Just keep in mind your rosin will be the color of your bubble hash

6 Likes

4 Likes

jokerz candy 73-120u (compound genetics)

9 Likes

From cured material. Same from larger jar. 120-45. I have so much to learn. Really struggled with pressing and collection. Shit got caught in bags or would touch both top and bottom parchment and made collection way harder. Also came off the press mostly a shatter consistency and was hard to work with. First time both washing and pressing. Glad to be here!

4 Likes