Rosin Cart Specs

Hello Friends,

I am going to be releasing a Rosin cart in the near future and was curious if anyone had any tips on the type of cartridge component I should be searching for. On pure pressures website (linked) they recommend a battery setting with a voltage of 2.6. My question to you fine people is do you all agree with this claim? Do you think 2.6 V is a solid setting or should I look for a battery with a lower voltage? In addition, does anyone have a recommendation for a target Ohmage or the port hole size setting for the cartridge? I know in the end I need to sample some carts and make a decision based off of what did my product the most justice, was just curious if anyone had some knowledge they were willing to share prior to me sampling carts that are a waste of time.

If this information is necessary I am thinking about a cartridge and a AIO unit.

The Definitive Guide to Rosin Vape Cartridges.

3 Likes

These guys offer samples of packs that allow for various levels of viscosity of the oil. I think that right off of the top of my head these guys might be a better fit than you designing your own cart. Especially when you don’t have any REAL new ideas. I’ve used their carts, and I was quite pleased. Otherwise I wouldn’t have posted anyone

thanks for your feedback! I think you either misunderstood me, or I was not clear enough. I am not looking to invent a new cart. I am looking to select a cart that is best fit for Rosin. I am curious to learn what the community suggest is the best ohmage, port size, voltage, etc for a cart to deliver the rosin.

I was recommending to talk to them because they offer various carts for various viscosities. I personally, would ask to sample their highest viscosity cart to see if what they are offering, and if it will work for you. There is a high amount of impurities in rosin, so it’s best to winterize (at the very least).
However, there are a couple different styles of carts out there for rosin. Personally, I wouldn’t vape it over 2 volts. Me thinks that by the time you get to the end of it, it might be nasty tasting, and burnt up.
If you’re trying to do something new, it’s best to see what’s out there. That way you can go to someone with exact specifications. If I’m not mistaken, the company I linked will work with you to create whatever kind of cart your little heart desires!

1 Like

Or you can save a whole bunch of time and customs fees, just getting this zirconia body snap top cartridge from logistics.farm

2 Likes

All of our carts are designed for thicker oils. Also, we manufacture them so we can customize them specifically for your needs. So whatever material you want and the size of the intake holes. If you send me a message I can give you a consultation and guide you through the process of choosing the best cart for your needs.

Again, I am more interested to learn the recommended port size and ohmage. Pretty much every company that provides cartridges offers their lineup in a variety of specs. I do not need a cartridge company recommendation, I was hoping to ignite a conversation about preferred specs for carts for delivering Rosin. As well as battery voltage, thank you @Capttripppp for the 2V maximum suggestion.

Well, what are you putting in your rosin cart? If it’s just rosin, you’re generally going to encounter more problems than the cartridge hardware alone.

1 Like

Did you end up finding a cart that worked well with the rosin?

I am actually still experimenting, but so far I have came to the conclusion that for a 510 cartridge I am having the most success with a 1.8mm port hole size. Larger port hole sizes are emptying out to quickly, and smaller holes are not absorbing within the port. For DVP’s I have found the 2.0 mm port hole works the best. In addition, you want the voltage between 2.7-2.9 V. Once you reach 3.0V or higher the rosin really starts to begin to taste burnt. Keep in mind there is a relationship between ohmz and voltage. So 3.0V may starting to alter the taste on the cartridge I am using, but it may be the sweet spot for you. So asking your supplier about the ohmz is crucial. Seems like almost every supplier can tailor these specs for you to match your product as well.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Cart peddler Bologna

Yes I have. I like the CCELLs 510 Ceramic coil. I get them from marijuanapackaging.com. about 1.5% percent fail rating off the 600 that I have made.

Jadd

Anywhere from 2.6-3.2 voltage I find best for preserving the flavor or any concentrate but more importantly with hash rosin because of how tasty it is and pure, I typically stick with 2.6. As for the ohm on your cartridge I wouldn’t go above 1.45, anything around 1.4 should provide enough resistance to not over burn the oil while still producing an adequate amount of vapor and preserving full flavor. If you need some samples I love our glass cartridges for hash rosin, check us out at www.hedcarts.com!

1 Like