Room Temperature Winterization and Solvent Removal

Capital cost is actually quite high. Remember, this is replacing traditional winterization as well as desolvation. That 60% savings on capital equipment is based on a little north of $730k for the traditional method. This is the ticket price explosion proof freezers, falling film desolvation, and all the bells and whistles that go with to match the 250l flow rate of the Omega Mk1. Overall cost, to include capex amortized over 4 years and 2 shifts per day and ops is calculated at $.71/gram output of winterized oil using the traditional methods vs $.06/gram for the Omega. Apples to apples, all in, this thing is an 11x reduction in cost.

3 Likes

We have run hemp extracted with ethanol, ethanol/heptane, and pure heptane. It is rated with many more organic solvents, though.

2 Likes

Ok what. Solvent % is there still to Evaporate of once iT comes out
I guess You Will still Need Some to keep the flow gooing

1 Like

Wow. So something around 300k. That’s way higher than I expected, and far too rich for me - there are way cheaper ways to do this all at my scale.

Might be not bad for the people who want to just buy an off the shelf add-on to their CUP or Ace or similar though… @cyclopath @Photon_noir

1 Like

Relax i tossed this idea to Some studentes that are making there thesisout of it should be done by August :grinning:

10 Likes

Graphene membranes in the making😀

7 Likes

Sounds like a race then… but I bet they’ll beat me to any kind of publishing. Our R&D isn’t gonna generate much in the way of papers, though I’ll try to put useful information up here as I can.

4 Likes

We currently are not removing chlorophyll in the Omega Mk1. We do offer an add on unit that uses traditional filter media to decolor.

For cost, please request a quote.

230v single phase, couple amps. You may want 3 phase for an air compressor, however.

It can indeed be made bigger. Lead times may vary for larger units. 12 week lead on the Omega Mk1 at this time.

Who cares as long as we get affordable membranes the rest we build around them :grinning:

4 Likes

Good luck.

I’d be interested in the cheaper ways to do this, if you can elaborate. We used the best sales claims we could find in falling film for comparison. Our customers are 1000 lbs/day and up, but the financial ops model works out as low as 100 lbs/day.

It flows out at about 1:1.25 solvent/oil.

1 Like

Thx You to You are on the right track and tons of people Will love buying off the shelf and If your product works as should
And your back Office is kind and willing
I see only good times
IT s yust that i like to use My hands
Built My first CO2 extractor didn t really work that Well though 10 years ago
Started with revursed osmosis 2 years ago
Have Some treads right here from Some time back
You did what i knew can be done super

4 Likes

Nice great job

1 Like

This is used in the wine industry for making color comcentrates, they call it ultrafiltration.

3 Likes

Terpenes follow your cannabinoids. In winterization that is the permeate, in desolvation that is the retentate.

50 bar is like 700psi… I’m assuming it won’t run anywhere close to that pressure but ideally what kind of compressor do you recommend for this unit?

:drooling_face: Nano Graphine… You have me thinking about how targeted this technology can get - I’m imagining full separation of individual Cannabinoids from Terpenes, pesticides… You name it.

4 Likes

Bingo. We were looking at these a year ago - got shelved as an idea for later…

https://www.tmcigroup.com/en/product/padovan/ultrafiltration-wine-and-grape-juice-starch/

2 Likes

I wonder how long you can run it without fouling? Do you just change the cartridges out?