Room problems WAY TO HOT please help

The room gets to hot already have a ductless ac going… maybe adding another ac unit like a portable but the times are from 5pm to 5am.
You think adding an exhaust fan to the ceiling leading outside will help or what other methods could be done

LEDs in the room about 9 or so

Please help

By ductless, what exactly do you mean? This is likely your main issue if I’m interpreting you correctly.

An exhaust duct is important for circulation which plants love, but not crucial for keeping temps down so I suspect that exhaust isn’t the main issue.

Would love to help but need more specific parameters. Dimensions of the room? Ratings for and type of AC? Do your LEDs have any self cooling fans or do they rely on ambient temps to sink heat, and circulation to keep cool? Any extra info is helpful in properly determining root of the problem.

It’s a ductless ac so it’s ac running which is why I’m like why is there heat what would you recommend for the leds to be cooled with I don’t think they have a cooking’s system for the lights

Circulation as far I know are exhaust fans with flitters and 2 decent wall fans right now

We call those mini split acs

What is the outside ambient temperature during the times you are referring to?

Because using cool air intake from outside and exhausting the hot air can very helpful.

So long as odor is mitigated and outside is within desired temo range.

What’s wrong with your mini split?

1 Like

You would need adequate BTUs for your room. First, how is the room built? Any insulation? And if you’re running LEDs, I’m sure you would need 3 BTUs per watt. I have (6) 670W LEDs in my tent in my garage. Ambient temp around 88-95° most summer days. I placed a 18,000BTU mini split and I’m good.

5 Likes

8-8 or 9-9 would be a better schedule for you heat wise. 5 pm is about the hottest part of the day in the summer. Let it cool off a bit outside before your lights turn on.

2 Likes

Where are you located?

This. If you are in California I know its cheaper to run your lights from 9pm to 9 am. Should help with heat too.

1 Like

This helped me when I was having the same issue.

Calculate ur heat load and buy another mini according to the heatload ur using. Always go for cooling btu above actual heat load. Dont want it exactly the same… I run multiple minis. Its good for back up in case something craps out

1 Like