Removing Ethanol from the air

Hello,

I work for a hemp extraction facility and have been tasked to research what is the most effective way to remove the ethanol traces in the air from our office facilities. I can’t smell it however, when using the hand held device to read ethanol in the air we can clearly see there are some amounts of ethanol lingering around. Any idea what can be done to remove the ethanol?

I looked into standard home air purifiers but research says that won’t do anything, not for removal of ethanol at least.

Thanks!!

I am not quite at the same scale you are dealing with, however i have custom cut pieces of activated carbon filters. you want a dwell time around 0.5 seconds to remove a majority of VOCs

Ventilation is the key. You’re going to have a hard time filtering out ethyl from the air, so you’ll just need to keep pumping air out.

I would say an explosion proof fan like an allegro would be best, use the static proof ducting to channel it outside

1 Like

Explosion proof fans if the levels are high enough, and rhen through a charcoal filter like for a grow room should do it

1 Like

1 Like