Remember The Hive?

Who here remembers that website and Rhodium? Does anyone here actually know any of the OGs who posted on there or helped manage those websites? That was some really good information and there were definitely some serious chemists who shared information there, along with some school of hard knocks chemists who helped a lot by reporting their original experiments.

I sometimes wonder what happened with the whole community there. I know Strike did some time, but I don’t think he managed any of the web servers. God bless everyone who has backed up the webpages and forum posts. That was some good reading back in the day, I was still a teenager!

10 Likes

The hive is one of the biggest reasons I think it’s unwise to mix sales with the science here, in regards to conversions at least

10 Likes

There are still some busy bees around here I bet

5 Likes

Plenty of people on here buying, selling, and manufacturing Schedule I cannabinoids, but if we do any of that with any other scheduled substance… BOOM door is kicked in! lol

2 Likes

I was pretty active on the hive. China needed good intermediaries that they paid well.I could never imagine trapping that hard again.

6 Likes

I memmmberr! I heard the buzz in highschool and it never stopped - set my life off in a direction I could not have predicted. Man those were the days! I was young and very rambunctious LOL! Made a couple of life long, off the net buddies. A mentor got a shoutout in TS-II. Fun thing is while those days were indeed awesome, had a great vibe and nostalgia is soo tasty- whats possible today is very exciting to me - Cant stop chemistry, sharing keeps us all 2 steps ahead of the buzz killers.
Theres some goodness left on the vesp which is a rather active incarnation

4 Likes

So did strike just disappear off the face of the earth when he got out of prison? Can’t find anything recent

Im just waiting for Hamilton Morris to come out with Hobart on a fresh podcast - im sure hes working to get him on

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I remember back then everyone was afraid to do something as daring as order a rotary evaporator online or buy glassware. I think some fool got caught ordering literally everything in a recipe off eBay and having it sent to his home haha.

Times are relatively good now thanks to cannabis and Chinese equipment manufacturers. The feds couldn’t keep track of any of the lab equipment being bought or sold these days if they tried. I did not know that other forum was still active with that kind of info, I’ll have to peruse it to see what the latest science is. Good stuff.

Been wondering about that myself. I hope he is doing well. Would love to hear him give a talk sometime, I wonder if he ever experimented with any of the cannabis stuff that we do.

1 Like

Yea i wonder if hes wiped all that pie off his face by now - yrs in prison hopefully gave him time to reflect.
His 15min of fame on TV really hammered into my head that keeping my mouth shut and my feet on the ground are two keys to staying outa cages. and it seemed awfully coincidental to me that I happened to be watching TV the night that show aired - I will never forget that night LOL!

1 Like