RE-501 Dual Condenser?

Has anyone here put two condensers on the RE-501? If so, I would love to see a video instructional on installation of such. Thank you all who reply.

2 Likes

I know this is almost a year old but for other curious readers, our 501 has a 34/45 condenser joint. It’s as easy as adding a 34/45 graham condenser to the joint in the bump trap and adding the original condenser to the top of it

What if it wasn’t a bulb but instead a tube

1 Like

Like a dephlegmator?

I’m… Confused. I’m not sure what bulb we’re talking about

1 Like

No like

fuck a ball

Whip around a tube with a bunch of elbows worked in and a flexible viton coil that continuously bled thick-quid

I was right to be confused…

4 Likes

@Rowan we may need a picture or references

Replace the bulb with a long series of elbow joints, the entire assembly spun at an angle and with heat applied-
Affix the far end of this apparati with a flexible Shafer that feeds to a collection chamber

Would this not be an acceptable use for a busted rotovap?

Or am I just high

It’s still thin film, which most operators don’t really apply anyhow

Like how many times have you seen a true thin film evaporation applied on a roto in the cannabis world?

Rotovap as currently applied are barely more than fancy see through agitated pot stills-

They are consistently overfilled

Show me how you evaporate please I’m curious

Sounds like a kind of a very convoluted kugelrhor but I’m having a hard time picturing it. Mostly the why of it more than the what lol.

I’m not one to judge but I’m going to say it might be the latter

1 Like

You clearly don’t speak jive

1 Like

Could get a series of adaptors to use a dephlegmator attached to the main condenser and then you could rig it up to be recovered and into stainless steel tank.

To be fair, the overfilled rotos still have a thin film, just… Less of it that if they weren’t overfilled.

1 Like

I can get adapters that allow you to port your 34/45 or 24/40 with two day shipping to trick amp or KF fitting… or any joint to any other join really if you want custom

Once you have your glass manifold Ed to stainless TC or KF the options are literally endless

Manifold 20 5L rotovap bases and baths to one single beefy condenser, why not- it’s art

https://www.usalab.com/usa-lab-kf25-to-24-40-ptfe-adapter/

And a main condenser to 24/40 female.

A triclamp elbow with a jacket
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOKhdML

And then a dephlegmator.

1 Like

Don’t you want to optimize your shit?

Lol if the equipment could be operated at x capacity and the operator could only operate that equipment at % of X capacity I would absolutely create a bonus system
For employees who were capable of operating equipment at x capacity

And when that kid comes along and is pushing 110%

We hire him to train the next group of employees, and fire everyone else

1 Like

All I really want is a clamp together boiling flask like @dakine posted once that you can open up and actually scrape purged oil out of. That’s the dream lol. I could probably make one up with a pressure cooker or something

1 Like

You want an scraped surface heat exchanger, not a boiling flask

Absolutely agree 100%. Just being semantic. Always for the improvement of process efficiency, probably to a fault

1 Like