Rapid Field Analysis of Hemp and Marijuana Plants

the colormetric approach has been validated.
take a picture with my phone?!?
(did you follow the link. there’s an app for that…)

How are YOU validating?

oh that’s right, you’re still developing it…and it currently can’t tell 0.3% THC from 20%

3 Likes

Over the last few years i have seen several business try and develop this style of technology, as to my knowledge none have succeeded thus far.

what degree of accuracy are you claiming?

I will believe it when i see it, im guessing this unit is some form of spectrometer or colorimeter? $1500 bucks for a piece of pusdeo-analytical gear is pretty cheap, a decent UV bulb can be $1500 bucks, a UV-LED with a couple of quality filters and a decent detector is well over $1500. unless your planing on using cheapo arduino style components that are hugely inaccurate.

if the unit is not bulletproof and proven to be accurate to a high degree i doubt law enforcement will pick it up.

anyways best of luck.

seems legit.
50bb45e738535

2 Likes

This is not our core business, but rather diversification. We make proprietary HPLC columns and HPLC method development. So is a 'fun" project for us. People told me 18 years ago when I started my first chromatography business, what happens if you go out of business and we validate the method. We are still here :).

it can tell you the ratio of THCA/CBDA. This approach only works for acids, you cannot use the device to determine CBD/THC. Has some limitations.

1 Like

Ok so your product is more expensive, and cannot detect non acidic cannabinoids.

Can it analyze concentrates?
im trying to see how your product solves any problem whatsoever that simple reagent testing doesnt do cheaper.

if i wanted to save my test results with reagent testing i can take a photograph, and then i get to control my data instead of sending it to your firm

1 Like

Yeah, we all get what you’re saying. It has flaws and it’s not a proven choice like the reagents are, what I’m more concerned about is why he’s being so cagey and won’t explain any of the function by which it quantifies these compounds. I’d sue the ever loving fuck out of them if law enforcement uses their device to falsely claim my hemp was marijuana because of their test when it isn’t. They’re just opening themselves to massive candy crush style lawsuits as soon as law enforcement fucks up and claims someone’s legal crop because they used that device. He’s already said it doesn’t work for the most part. Every jurisdiction has different laws and rules regarding this and it’s very unlikely this product gets adopted as they can’t offer any standard of testing. If it’s high in thc-a it fucks up and alternatively it can’t detect d9 at all. So how is it even a competition with reagents that have been around for a long time and are proven effective? It’s not.

2 Likes

Let me know where are you located so I can send one unit to the police department in your area, so we can screw it up and you will sue us :slight_smile:
Happy New Year!

Nashville, TN go on and send on to them and find out how fast you get sued alongside their department. There’s lawsuits all over the state from Tennessee police not knowing the laws and not giving a shit. So go ahead and wrap yourself up in their lawsuits all you want to, but homie already said it. Reagents are cheap and effective and they’re already using them and can’t get shit right. All you’re doing is trying to assist law enforcement in screwing people because this product has no value to growers or processors. So I’ve got no respect for you or your product and company and seriously hope you get sued to the point of closure. I don’t support bootlickers and government and police cronies. You want to help them ruin lives with a device that according to your own words can’t tell the difference between high thc-a hemp that may be legal in one state vs another, then be my guest but don’t be surprised when people aren’t supportive of what you’re doing.

4 Likes

Thank you for your helpful insights. Happy Holidays.

You can buy good LEDs for 10-60 dollars each (255, 275, 295, 310 nm). There are UV-LED detectors which are around $200 (France)

1 Like

A 200 dollar detector isn’t going to be a top of the line diode array, to say the least. Cheap detectors tend to be noisy and have less repriduceable results…

1 Like

Also what are you going to do with only four wavelengths and no chromatography to separate the components? Are you telling us you’ve got some awesome way to determine thca and cbda ratios with no off target hits with no separation and only 4 leds?

2 Likes

Does this test just check for a THC content? That would be the fastest analytical test out there and that reason alone for in house testing would yield lots of money. Considering the police have 7 minutes to procure probable cause your 3 minute time window is very important. Its easy to test for THC or no THC. Legal hemp being a specific THC content this would have to concentrate on that idea. If I had the worst cannabis in the world that is under the legal hemp limit would the product pass this test (hypothetically speaking). This may test for hemp but can it distinguish between hot hemp and hemp within legal limits? There are so many variables and niches out there depending how this product actually determines hemp or not might put this machine in its right niche. One way or another there should be a use for it somewhere?

1 Like

and how would it respond to say GBG hemp?

or HU-210 hemp once somebody gets around to that trick?

HU-210 hemp sounds like it will be outlawed as quick as it was released. Thats some face eating medicine right there.

This needs to be tested. We don’t have CBGA hemp, I’ll see if we can include it in our studies. Regarding LEDs. There are at least two suppliers who have high quality LEDs- one is Japanese company (Crystal IS) and One in US (SETi). We’ve been using them for years.

Lol of course you can get LEDs, the question is how 4 wavelengths is going to tell you anything unless you separate by chromatography or use some colorimetric assay, and considering there already is an assay…

1 Like

There are other separation techniques. Just think outside the box :slight_smile: