Quick question about butane amount for my columns

Hey all. I don’t know how much the answer to this depends on variables, but I have a simple question. I didn’t realize my recovery tank was a little low on butane when I started running today… so my question is, I have a 4”x36” material column. Will about 10.5 pounds of butane be sufficient for these runs? I normally try and get 12-14 pounds thru the column and usually see it running clear around 10 pounds anyway… I never really even was sure if my 12-14 lb is good but it’s been working great. So yeah, 10.5 lbs of butane enough for that column? About 3 lbs of dry trim fits in the tube. Thanks :slight_smile: trying to avoid having to refill and distill the new butane in the middle of my day

Those last few pounds might be gas and not liquid depending on if you chill your tank/columns etc…

1 Like

I get about 9lbs in a single 4" x 36" tube. 10.5 lbs of liquid is a little on the low end, but should be just fine.

What’s the average 1lb biomass get? Regardless if live ( only way I ever weight live is to dry it after blasting)

But what the average lbs y’all use on that

Only asking bc I think my buddy in the UK has been using entirely too much… Trying to get things figured out for him and something to actually see instead hearing it from me! Thanks all!

1 Like

Depends on your process I suppose. I use a 4:1 ratio, cold injected with a short soak. 20% yields on good material.

Haven’t tried any less yet.

4 Likes

You fit how much material in a 4x36 column?

2 Likes

~3lbs. 9lbs of solvent fits with material, I should have been more specific.

1 Like

I was all, damn how hard is he packing that in there, hahaha

3 Likes

Haha. King plunger over here lol that’s like using a hydrolic press to pack that tube haha

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle:
Lol

2 Likes

I found 1.5lbs of gas per 1lb of naterial was the best ratio, i came to this conclusion agter running columns and re running rhem the next day and i got back .68% of basically axle grease that even as it was dumoing looked golden im thinking i wasted a bunch, but what xame out was garbage. Running straight n-tane with vapor push at the end

This seems extremely low amount of gas and really its the first time ive heard of something this low. Ive ran 3lbs per 1lb and still got back over 2% on a long term look on this. Even 4lbs was leaving behind over 1%. Ive settled on 4.5lbs of gas per material where my losses were marginal for the quality of the product.

This is non-soaked columns.

Are we talking Live Resin Runs if so…that sounds about right.

3 Likes

No not live resin. Shatter , crumble or mostly crude. When your running 100+ a day i took a week to figure out the best ratio to gas by shaving any amount of gad off would mean 1or more columns in the same amount hrs. Just my 2cents but all columns were ran and then reran the next day exact same column exact same everything and with a good vapor push, i would empty my columns in about 15seconds helps . I would only soak long enough to fill the next column about 30-45 seconds and then dump the one lthat was soaking. Like i said just my experience at trying to be as efficent as possible so i soent a week doing 2# 2.5#. And 1.5 xame out ith the best color and less than a 1% yield difference feom the others and what i did pull out of the columns was not anything i even want in my crude. Sat in a pyrex for six monrh and you could still easilt spread it out,all chlorophyll would be my guess. Also rhnning 4 cmepols so fillin is fast and they were all 4x48 with a weighed out 5lbs per column thru the whole experiment.

2 Likes

Yeah this is where I was going w this…I use about 8-9 lbs per lbs(if live was dried and weighed lb)

If u see this dude’s collection base for running lb ud shit…

Like 4 spools high

Standard ratio is 10:1 when running cold and proper recovery beside that can get away with less but depending on the way you pack or if you flood and drain can have a difference in the amount you need . Just never close the valve if your running hot or don’t know how much is in your column or system

Active closed loop is what they call it I think and can help with using less if that is the goal but unnecessary and waste of time in my experience. Also if you dewax you need a bit more gas as if you don’t.

I think its because you started on a Tamissium, the SOP from the factory for that unit work out to about 4:1 because you were hercules if you could get more than 100g in that little column.

I don’t think I was even able to get 60g in it. If I recall right it only fit 45g with steel wool.

1 Like