Question about media performance in various solvents..?

Okay so I was thinking about the reasons why certain compounds were able to adsorb onto bentonite when they’re dissolved in an alkane, i.e. CRC. The compiubds absorbed to the media are more attracted to the media than the solution they are dissolved in. This is because the compiunds share more in common with the bentonite media than the solvent in which they’re contained. Bentonite media tends to attract semi polar molecules as opposed to chiefly non polar molecules, so my idea is what if you took a winterized solution of a cannabis extract and reduced it to 20% of its original alcohol content by volume and then dissolved this mixture in an alkane like heptane for example. If you sent lthe solution through a thick bentonite cake would the bentonite cake preferentially adsorb the alcohol from the solution along with the pigments since they are both less polar and so would have a greater attraction towards the weakly polsr media than the heptane solution they are dissolved in?

Could this potentially be a way of removing the last bit of alcohol from a winterized extract without having to introduce too much heat? Propane comes to mind…

I have a feeling it will be a headache

1 Like

It either removes alcohol or it doesn’t. Whats making your head hurt?

1 Like

It will get muddy i would react and siphon rather than passing through

2 Likes

DE will remove water

I understand it will get muddy, my thoughts were that maybe the relatively small amount of alcohol will be more attracted to the bentonite than the heptane and a significant portion will be absorbed onto the bentonite.

1 Like

Whats the implications for the topic at hand?