Q/A Session: Pest Remediation. Ask me anything. All Day, today Jan 9th ONLY

Hey all! Ive got quite a bit of experience doing research and design in pesticide remediation of almost all forms.
Have removed nearly all pesticides via various methods, now. Started a little over a year ago with research.
Feel free to ask me some questions.
I get DM’D all the time with questions, some have simple answers which I think should be made public knowledge.
Only avail today, Jan 9th for this! :call_me_hand:t5::v:t5:

4 Likes

Whats your preffered analisys method for detecting pesticides?

3 Likes

When pesticides are broken down via heat and the like, do the degradation products come out with the method to remove the original constituents?

Would magsil remove trace amouts of neem if filtered in line during a hydrocarbon extraction.

4 Likes

Best way to clean equipment in between dirty and clean batches, will 190 proof ethanol remove all pesticides?

1 Like

It’s been 3 hours, where are our answers?!

1 Like

Best to use a LC-MS/MS.

1 Like

So 190 ETOH wont really do it. Nor would steam alone, or combined. For pesticides you need something stronger. Washing/rinsing it in a Sodium Hydroxide solution would likley do it.

Then again, its quits toxic to use. But it does work very well.

1 Like

Have you tried any vapor scrubbing methods? Or has all of your work been liquid-liquid or liquid-solid?

1 Like

Don t have Any questions but i love the iniciative great to have You here
:+1:

This is an interesting question…
So, I think that it would take some varying methods to take out the degredation products. Depending on the type of pesticide you’re dealing with.

The products of the degredation always vary, and
there is typically info available from lots of educational publications. When I get home, in about an hr, I’ll add more to this response to show you a few degredation products from a few pesticides.

2 Likes

Are any of those products of reactivity with either adosrbents or solvents used? As opposed to thermal degradation? I imagine with pH alterations, there would be.

Are you able to remove all pesticides so that a ppb test will be zero ? What are the best solutions for cleaning contaminated equipment.

What kind of dectectors do you run?

1 Like

Did my question not meet your criteria?

4 Likes

Hydrocarbon, as in volatile? Or ethanol?? Specify.

Either way. I have limited experience removing neem residue.

Vapor scrubbing? What do you mean?

Butane or similar. The group I extract for sprays with “nukem” and sometimes I can tell when they sprayed too late. I was wondering if I were to be filtering through magsil for color remediation, if it would passively be giving me some pesticide remediation, as well.