Putting jars in miner

What’s up guys, I got a miner that fits pint jars and my first run I didn’t Dewax I just opened blasted and had a failed run it was just wax at the bottom in the oil so I’m going to do a new run with my dry ice columns on the cls. My question is how much tain should I leave in the jar before capping the miner and flushing with nitrogen. My last jar was full to the top with tain and oil mix. I may have left too much solvent? It took a few days of burping to get the solvent down to oil mix but never crashed out

1 Like

The whole SOP applies until capping the jars. From that point you dont cap jars, just put them in your miner, clamp, and back fill to 35 psi and observe no heat just let the science work, your mother solution should still be at the 1/3 mark when all this is applied. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply. Im just curious what my jar should look like before putting it in the miner. I know that I don’t place caps on the jar inside the miner as the miner acts as the jar itself. Im flushing to 100 PSI or greater nitrogen as recommended from a buddy. Im just curious what a jar looks like with oil/solvent before placing in the miner. should I let it sit at room temp purging for a little before placing in the miner ? Thanks again.

I like my jars to look like they are beginning to purge. like zero butane. The small bubbles have stopped. Large bubbles the circumference of the jar. Slow as hell. hopefully that helps

2 Likes

ya that helps a lot, I just poured off into the jar and slammed it in. this time il let it purge down to about ready to whip and then put it in the miner. fingers crossed

1 Like