Proper etiquette for a client who lied about their products quality

When a client outright lies to you about the quality of their product, offers bunk lab results, and you find out its full of pesticides and they bitch that you told them you’d have it done in a week but now you have to extract the pesticides from their product which adds time and money, how do you handle it?

2 Likes

Did you two enter into a contract based on the supplied COA’s? If so and the supplied data was false then it sounds like that would be a breach of contract.

6 Likes

I’m assuming this is a toll processing deal?

I would say avoid this person at all costs? Whats their game plan? Give you bunk material and then try and put the blame on you for it having pests?

1 Like

Remediation of pesticides is a bitch
Can be far harder than you think at first
So i would search for a breach of contract and pull back

2 Likes

You give them back the work that you have done plus their material. Say no thank you and cut your loses. Sorry for this answer but its the best route given a shady client…this will probably never get better. Ive been down a road like this.

10 Likes

Why wouldn’t you just give them the dirty concentrate and have them hire you to remediate it as a second job? Remediation was not part of your agreement so you shouldn’t have to be doing the extra work let alone explaining to them why it’s taking longer. Provide test results showing it’s not fit for consumption.

8 Likes

Provide test results in a certified letter so they can’t fuck with you further

6 Likes

Also add bill for downtime, costs related to sterilizing and cleaning your equipment as well as costs for testing to prove your equipment is clean. Bundle all costs into a formal bill from attorneys and think of every possible cost to you that you will incur and then prove breach of contract and offer to return all their shit tainted product and see how they wanna respond.
That can literally ruin your company into the ground with pesticide and can even be seen as a health threat and would possibly open them up to a negligence lawsuit maybe even criminal if they falsified coa docs and it’s a known carcinogen…

5 Likes

Good thing for all GLG processors to note here!
Make sure your contracts are solid and clear about pesticide contamination and at-fault and litigation side so if this happens you can drop the hammer like a savage.

I remember this happened back in 2016 and it took three months to find where the pesticide came from — it was vertical tho so no lawsuits or lynch mob but the contamination came from a nearby overspray and then there was the myclo clone debacle of Cali around. The same time

4 Likes

Kidnap their family and threaten grevious bodily injury.

Oops wrong forum😂

6 Likes

Thanks for the input, gang…

I added ethanol to it and gave it back. There wasn’t a contract of any sorts (couple lbs… he was a friend of a friend).

With my hemp company, the client provides me with enough of the material for a sample. I run a biomass sample for testing then process it down to crude and test that. Full panel tests on all. Under those contracts, we do a section explaining that if any contaminants (heavy metals & pesticides) they are responsible for the extra cost. So make sure your contracts are solid and cover all bases.

3 Likes