Proper acreage for hemp farm

What’s a workable size CBD farm size going to have to be in order to be half way competitive?

500 plus

2 Likes

Lol and here I am thinking 40 might do.

Soon cbd will most probably become a commodity crop
Extraction facility. And seeds and (breeds) are the only slowing down factors at this moment
Once high yielding and good tasting crops are common cbd on it a own won t make much profit
But if you realize the possibilitys hemp offer and integrate them right away (fiber , feed stock,etc)
The size of a acreage should be profitable on a average farm scale

1 Like

What’s your target market? Industrial manufacturing or craft? There’s really no right answer to your question, especially if you team up with your neighbors to get the expensive bespoke equipment

1 Like

Supply whomever wants to pay tbh lol

Kind of hard to give you advice on acreage if you don’t know what your market is… What if you have to pick between lots of iffy genetics or only planting 1/10 your intended acres because good seed is hard to come by? What about picking industrial dryers versus hang drying? Scale is related to your market lol

1 Like

I think Short term ~1.5-2yrs smaller farms will be able to turn a profit. once larger producers (domestic and international) begin to absorb & dominate the market cottage size farms without brand recognition will probably evaporate.

2 Likes

Well we got approved yesterday. Now for the land. Lol

CBD will eventually be extracted as a byproduct from industrial hemp that’s been bred to produce a small increase in potency IMO.

If you’re gonna grow, grow something with high CBG or CBGV and breed it up- CBD bubble has burst

3 Likes

Cbd has or is Gona either way I joined future4200 in sep 2018 cbd was around 7000$ today it s at 3500
Hemp act isn t even operational yet for the first harvest is now