Processing aged material

There is an abundance of aged material about a 1 year to a year and half old and if you are turning it into distillate then would the decarboxylation really effect anything? I know it will be higher in CBN content but I’m wondering if theres a reason why not to run this material.

Right now, all I run is year old material. I mean shit, it’s really cheap. I comes out yellow, but I really don’t think it matters. You could use some de-coloring clays if that is a concern on a 2nd pass.

2 Likes

I have had the luxery of getting a lot of old vacuum sealed material for free
I mean 3 years old Ghana weed and at least 2 year old outdoor haze vacuum packed the afrikan weed was dry to the bone darkblackish brown at an 6% thc rate with seeds and stems
After removing 80% of seeds and stems blasted with cls at room temp
I got this black paste after destilation iT turned

1 Like

IT turned in a dark amber 2 pass with bentonite and magsil 60 mesh iT ended in a amber redish. Oil at 83% cannabinoid of Wich 6 % CBN not great but alot better then weed that was to be trown away
So yes give iT a go
Might be a lot of work but exelent learning practice

3 Likes

Run it! I have certainly ran my fair share of 1 year old material. You may see a diff. color than your used to but hey! Also I totally have 1 year old biomass for sale if you need some! ;D

3 Likes

Thanks all for the input I’m currently going to give it a shot and if all else fails the. At least it was some good practice lol

Does it look awful? Smell awful…use good judgement… usually the smell if only a hint can be brought out if you leave the veg behind , and if it’s got trichs well,it’s got trichs…

Ask for sample batch to run… Is probably the best thing to do… After hearing from ppl here, which they KNOW… If stored in hot places is degrated …

2 Likes

No no not at all, still green but slightly oxidized, it did sit up stairs during this last summer, but there’s 500+ units so I think I should dabble in it

1 Like

Pass a few lbs my way. Ill learn the spd ways with it.

4 Likes