Pressure vessels stainless steel

6" x 10" stainless steel pressure vessels $200 each
local pick up only too heavy to ship grass valley hmu
I have 10 of them, fittings included (not shown)
glass walls are 1/2" thick

1 Like

This looks like borosilicate vessels. Ratings?

2 Likes

400 psi

So you’ve tested these vessels up to 400 psi each or thats what your glass tube was rated at? I doubt those 6" clamps could take much past half of that pressure.

3 Likes

Those look like 4”. Edit. Fuck those are 6” and rated to 400psi…I will say none of my glass is rated for even 200 psi let alone 400psi

And that’s not even the short glass option. Can we see a hydro test at 400 psi pretty please with sugar on top!!

Are 6” hp clamps even rated for 400psi??

8 Likes

I thought they looked a little small, but the post says 6x10.

2 Likes

400psi my ass

Pressure test one on your lap

14 Likes

No they’re rated to like 150 max. I don’t have LJ starr clamps, maybe those are rated to 400psi?

Those vessels definitely don’t have LJ Starr clamps.

3 Likes

I know I edited my post. If those are 6”. I’m making a bet that they can’t last threw 100 psi but what do I know. :rofl::rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Op could’ve just said rated to 100 psi, who the fuck wants to mine diamonds at 400 psi.

7 Likes

I did a consult for a company that used a ASME certified 450psi diamond miner vessel lol super scary POS

5 Likes

Lol fuck that a “bomb” is scary enough when its payload isn’t highly compressed hydrocarbon.

4 Likes

Fuck that, use air, do it in a field and be very far away lol.

For science of course…

8 Likes

I believe it was the glass they were referring to , i personally have had them to a little over 200 with
no problems, and i’m pretty sure nobody’s going that high for what we do :slight_smile:
@ $200 ea. that’s a good deal

3 Likes

I’m calling bullshit on 400psi pressure rating.

No way.

7 Likes

me too, but that’s what china said, and after 200psi i stopped because whats the point, i only need 15 psi

1 Like

Lesson 1: Never believe China.

Tbh super impressed they made it to 200psi

9 Likes

Me too and I sell sight glasses and the thickest borosilicate available. I will not make those claims.

When people ask what they are rated for in the future I’m just gonna say :man_shrugging:t3: And refer to this thread. :rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I always use a glass scribe and etch the psi rating on the glass so nobody has to guess.

20 Likes

love it

1 Like