Pressed rosin and not?

Spot prices on Rosin in the PNW?

I’m being made aware of two types one that is an extract made with solvents and it all gets agitated out with some new tell. The original rosin I thought only existed was pressed from flower.

When talking in 100gr-500+ out here in PNW I was getting quotes of 22-23 per and was told it was actually that agitated cured rosin. Looked amazing nonetheless.

Down in Sac though I’m getting spots @ 13 per gram on orders like that come September October on pressed rosin.

What’s the actual spot price standard between the two and what’s the facts on the types I may be off on.

1 Like

I have not heard of rosin being processed with solvents that would be news to me and would like to hear more about it, but it’s common that people make dry sift or bubble hash before the press. Usually labeling it as live hash rosin or hash rosin so it’s not always a flower press

1 Like

They winterize the Rosin to remove lipids

1 Like

To my knowledge there is “Live Resin” and “Live Rosin”. One is fresh frozen pressed without solvents. The other is fresh frozen hydro carbon extracted. Is this correct?

2 Likes

Generally yes

I haven’t seen anyone doing this yet, how are they removing the solvent after winterization?

Some people are freezedrying biomass to press and calling it live rosin

1 Like

Yeah fresh frozen buds that are pressed are commonly called (live rosin) but we just consider it a (flower press)

Fresh frozen buds that are processed into bubble hash or dry sift before the press (live hash rosin)

Cured buds processed into bubble or dry sift before press (hash rosin)

Cured buds (flower rosin)

1 Like

Fresh frozen vs fresh freeze dried?

I haven’t heard of freeze drying the flower I wouldn’t think it would be ideal to remove all the moisture, they have done testing on humidity in flower 55-62% humidity is ideal when pressing flower if your going to remove all the moisture you or 98-99% using sublimation through freeze drying I would think you would rather just press dry sift at that point. I may throw some fresh flower in my freeze dryer to give it a try tho.

Ethanol is one of the easiest solvents to remove, it can be done in your kitchen in my experience :wink:

I haven’t actually seen this being done, I feel like the solventless community would have an issue with this I don’t see why it would sell for more?

Who said it would sell for more? Why do you have to see something being done for it to be a thing?

Edit* I’m just saying it can be done and is being done, not that that’s why it’s more expensive for OP. You originally asked how they would use solvents with it, that’s what I responded to.

It can be done absolutely im definitely against it but that’s why us solventless guys aren’t on this page much… somebody would probably try and talk us into crc rosin:cry:The original post we are talking about types of rosin and price. I have never seen a winterized rosin so I don’t have price points. an “agitated and cured rosin” does not Necessarily mean winterized and if it’s going for more it leads me to believe it’s hash rosin witch a 75-90u Bubble press would go for more sounds like hash press, whip and cold cure to me.

1 Like