Preparation of Moroccan hash for distillation

hello to all. I would like to know if someone used to work on Moroccan hash to carry out a distillation afterwards. I find myself with unwanted after the rotovap and I do not understand what it is. this is my first post on an internet forum I hope to respect the rules

1 Like

i would imagine your distillation would be easier achieved if you melt your hash down and winterize it…treat it just like crude…might help you achieve your goals if you get the unwanted compounds out first. also … i would imagine you would want to heat it to a decarb temp until bubbles stop forming from your hash/crude. i have never tried to do anything with hash other than smoke it though haha.

2 Likes

I place my hash in 96% hetanol. Once the solids have dissolved, I filter them through a buchner filter with fried glass. I throw the solids in the trash. I then put the hetanol in the freezer for a filtration of fats and lipids in three times. fast medium then slow. then I do a filtration with activated carbons.

do you have a picture of the unwanted compounds that you are left with? what temp are you freezing at and for how long do you let it set in the freezer? what ratio of ethanol to crude are you using for said winterization? what micron is your filter? could your hash have a decent amount of water in it? do you have access to Methanol? Do you have access to a separatory funnel or a filtered reactor to perform LLE ?

The temp on the ethanol is -15°.i let it 24h.the ratio is 1/11.i have 3 filter paper slow medium and speed.After the rotovap I still filter through a nylon bag

That’s when the shits in the photo appear

I have not acces to methanol.i have a little funnel but i dont know LLE

i will allow someone more familiar with hash to chime in.
what I would do would be ALOT of clean up prior to distillation and watch your fractions carefully. good luck my man

Here are pictures after the decarb

Thanks a lot my friend!

Ahh ok so shit in shit out
First rule
What was the quality of the hasj you tried to extract ?
Extracting hasj with a solvent works but as you have probably encountered first need to break it down to pieces then add solvent till all is dissolved and with a layer of mud :wink:
Ok so all the cannabinoids are in the solvent as are the fats the waxes AND the sugars (ethanol likes the sugars)
So the ratio of 1:11 for winterizing is good BUT
At -15 C 48-72 hours is more in place
And keeping it cold while passing it treu a filter
So either a jacketed Büchner on a chiller or dry ice Wich is probably your best bet overall
Once filtered all the fats out your tincture is probably still as black as before this has to do
With the fact that any Marocan hasj you get your hand on is at least a year old And most likely 2 or 3 years old
So passing it treu activated carbon won t do much and not every activated carbon works
Hardwood activated carbon is best for this
But I would recomend bentonite clay s over activated carbon
LLE might help but please remember that every step you take will also have you loose cannabinoids and it all adds up quick leaving you with a lot less than hoped for
LLE is Liquid to liquid extraction and easiest done with an alkane and water
Heptane is used by most this will take care of the sugars you extracted but not much else
A good thing to preform on Marocaine hasj thou since sugar and molasses or honey are often used to make it more sticky if the quality of hasj is not that good
At last make sure you have enough at the end to fill your boiling flask to at least 1/3 and have a good vacuum
Good luck

7 Likes

Hello and thank you for finding an interest in the post I have just done.The hasch must have been good but it took on water.So a very low price. :sweat_smile: I think my filtration is good.I have already tried leaving the alcohol in the freezer longer but nothing changes.I have hardwood activated carbon.I lay it on a celite 545.When I have finished my three fat wax lipid filtrations slow medium and speed .And that I put the alcohol back in the freezer for 72 hours There is no longer any clotting.Shit pops up after the rotovap.Almost all fats, waxes and lipids are trapped in the filter on the first filtration (speed)

+1 for this. It looks like sugars to me

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your message

the undesirables was actually sea salt

1 Like

the undesirables was actually sea salt thanks for your help

3 Likes

I wonder why I didn’t think earlier. I tasted and understood

1 Like