Pouring fresh run into jar with a previous run already in it

I have looked around and haven’t really seen this directly addressed here, and it may be a stupid question, but I wanted to ask it so I have clarification and so others might be able to reference it. I did a half lb run of some material about a month ago, and it has been in the jar curing out (haven’t seen much crystal growth yet). While doing inventory I came across another bag with the other half lb of this same material. My question is, could I potentially pour this second run into the jar with the first batch already in it to combine them? Or should I just do it separately into a new jar. Just wondering what the pros and cons are, and if anyone has done this, and if I’m being an idiot please inform me politely :+1:

You could use it as an opportunity to change some parameters, see if you can get faster growth.

I wouldn’t see how it would effect anything. Maybe if you pour with a lot of solvent, some of the crystals from the first batch might dissolve, but they’ll just crash back out I imagine.

1 Like

You lose a little every time u transfer containers. So 2 jars =2x the loss. Not a super biggie but it sounds like you might have a lot riding on this one.

To get crystals to precipitate you need to jar it up with some residual solvent. I recover what i can in my CLS passively and then what comes out of the collection pot plus the little bit of solvent thats left, maybe 100g solvent tops, jar it up and precipitate from there.

If you get the second jar to rock up maybe you can add the first jar to it and get the first jar to follow suit.

Also, if you have it, use a jar with some baby diamonds (seeds) in it already as they will give a jump start to the precipitation process.

Ps terps are solvent

2 Likes

if ur original oil was lower in thca adding more thca would help yes…but capping w solvent the main thing

1 Like

Agitation from the pour in will cause micro nucleation to form as the already settled compounds aren’t saturated enough to drop out in their own. Heat to 80f in oven for 30-45 mins leave super saturated solution at room temp for 1 hr till cool down then transfer to cryo/freeze for crash.

1 Like

I did seed the run after not seeing any growth after 2 weeks, and it didn’t help much, just started to get a few little micro crystals around the seeds and then stopped. I was thinking the first run could have been low in thca or not enough solvent left after capping, like a couple of you said, so that’s why I wanted to know if I was going to cause any issues that I couldn’t fix or reverse by pouring a run with more solvent into an existing jar, and if it would theoretically help drop more thca out. I’m not too worried about losing much yield from pours, and there isn’t a lot riding on this one run, just wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts were. I have another strain I might be able to do this with also, similar issue with crystallization, so I may try combining the runs on one strain and doing a separate jar with the other one.

I’ve only had 2 jars in my life not sugar and only budder up. wasnt my material and no matter how fresh he said it was I doubt it very seriously

either A was fresh but low thca probably high cbd

or B. it was couplemonths old(still fresh to them but stored wrong to hot)

1 Like

I wonder whT would happen to high cbd and high thca strain if put through our method

and like what would happen to high cbd strain but mid thca

.or last high cbd and low thca

I’d love to see what happens to the extract after extracted dry ice cold and Jared

esp if ran small crc like really small crc just to clean up and force crystala

1 Like

Let me just say these few things. First off every batch u make unless completely controlled and done exactly the same will always be different. Next and the most important 2 things is the quality of the material and the amount of solvent. Making diamonds honestly is slippery but if they have something to latch too they form easier. I.e someone said putting more solvent. That’s exactly what I do. The original issue posted on this is EXACTLY what I do! Ill make one or 2 tubes and jar it up in a jar that already has at least a few diamonds in it already and close it up in a sealed ice chest outside in the shade. It usually takes about a week more or less and they should let u know if its ready by that point or not. Use the sauce as u please for karts or edibles etc… bro ur on the right path for sure! Kudos

Hte for carts makes sense. Hte in edibles is blasphemy…(and doesn’t make much sense imo, if your goal is getting stoned)

For edibles: distillate or decarb some sugar (preferably with the hte spun off). Call it a day.

2 Likes

I’ve recently begun making my edibles with distillate, and my god is it sooooo much easier! No decarbing/etc, you save so much time, and it’s so easy. Disty for edibles all the way!

1 Like