Potential sales job...hows the market?

Hey,

So I was recently offered the opportunity to help a manufacturing business with sales of distillate. I was hoping folks here might have some general information about the market today. I have a price sheet for the product available but I don’t want to post it and get in trouble for trying to make sales happen on this website. I’m just looking to have a general discussion of the market today for sales of distillate. I really don’t know what I can do besides sending emails to known extract businesses and contacts I get off the CA license search website. But that is essentially “cold calling” and I haven’t gotten much traction there. I was given the advice to not sell to distributors and try and sell direct to other manufacturers and packaging companies. The company I’m working with is a small manufacturer in LA county

1 Like

Going in person and cold calling are all you got other than your trade show / social media / build the companies brand. Your role is sales as fast as possible. You’re on the forum. Get verified here so you can advertise. Join LinkedIn. Do you have all license holder contact information organized and ready for a cold call / email blitz / show up in person / try to talk to a buyer campaign? The California search tool is pretty neat. They’ve definitely made b2b easier than most states.

If you don’t talk to everyone including distributors, you may miss out. Get as much communication going period. 100 calls a day min. Drill that shit bro

4 Likes

The market is starting to turn around. Give it another month or so, and should be really good. I hope anyways.

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate the response. Yes I have all the license and license holder info and docs. Can we get verified on here for THC based licenses? The verification process I read about on here seemed only for cbd licensees, since you have to mail in samples to future.

If your quality is higher than the next and price is lower than the next your product will sell itself. If your the same as the next than you need something they dont have. Everyone has something valuable. Not everyone has something valuable and valuable time also. Make people feel wanted and the business will come your way. If you offer something everyone has than your lucky to make a wage.

2 Likes

Can we discuss if the prices I’m working with are competitive then? For example, liters of cat 3 distillate with a thc potency of 88%, I’m supposed to sell at about $3600 pre-tax. Which would be about $4900 after taxes.

Get creative I guess? If you want to sell a $3600 product that requires a $1300 tax than maybe you should find a way to work the numbers? Dont let taxes decide if your product sells? Find a way to sell your product?

I’m just asking if that’s a competitive price for the CA market.

I’m in the CA market and have been making those cold calls slangin our BHO. We’ve seen great success just from doing that. Many people have asked us if we can provide distillate (which we don’t) So the market is there to the hustlers

3 Likes