Potency testing methods

Anyone looking to start conducting inhouse potency testing needing help getting started and getting good sop’s to work off of? I can provide methods and sample prep techniques.

care to elaborate more on this.

HPLC?
GC?

Equipment and software you are experienced with?

1 Like

Hplc. GC can’t distinguish between the acidic and non acidic versions of cannabinoids. I’ve worked with Agilent and Shimadzu but the methods can be run on other brands as well.

2 Likes

Not true.

3 Likes

CannabisMeasurementJan2018 (1).pdf (938.6 KB)

Hello I am trying to make inhouse potency testing using hplc.
I am really interested to read your SOP especially sample prep.
Could you please help me on this?

1 Like

Yes. I’m considering setting up a lab testing potency, moisture, microbiologicals, heavy metals, pesticides, & residual solvents

You can test potency, terps and residual solvents for about $11,000. Anyone can do these tests, you don’t have to be a scientist.
Pesticide testing costs $500,000
Metals cost $150,000
Micros costs $50,000
You need a lot of background and experience for the above.

2 Likes

I’ll do some research but I def won’t be paying anywhere near those amounts.I can buy atomic absorption spectrometer for $20k or less on used market

The AA typically can only test one metal at a time. So if you are just testing for lead its OK, but tedious.
The ICP tests for multiple metals simultaneously so while expensive its less work if you have to measure multiple metals.

Yea. I realized that after I posted but I looked around online and it seems there are ICP-MS options for 30-80k