Post reminder function like reddit?

Reddit has a feature where you just comment “!RemindMe 2 weeks” and exactly two weeks from that comment you get a notification linking you back to the post, and you can change it to however long you want. It’s extremely helpful in a lot of situations. I think the comments might clog up the threads a bit but if there could be a button where you can set a reminder and the amount of time I think it would enhance the forum and everyone’s learning capabilities greatly. For example User1 is talking theoreticals of an experiment with user2 and comments that he has the supplies incoming and they should land in a week. User2 activates the remindme function for a week and then both users put the thread to the back of their mind to accomplish other things. one week later user2 gets his notification, goes back to the thread and asks user1 how the experiment went, they pick up the conversation where they left off, everyone benefits. If there is a way to add this functionality I think it would be excellent.

There’s a way to ‘watch’ a thread and be notified of all new replies. Not 100% what you want, but I find it fits the bill just fine ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I see the watch button at the bottom, is that what you’re refering to? definitely useful and nice but what if no one replies to the thread around the time you want to be reminded? or no one replies at all in the time you want to be reminded?

I appreciate the reply!