Possible Downtime 10-25-20 @ 00:00PST

Doing a network update starting around midnight on Sunday the 25th.
If all goes smoothly expect no interruptions.
Chances of going ‘Read-Only’ for 20 minutes is likely.
I’ll need to restart the web server which could mean a small window (~1-20 minutes) of unavailability.

I don’t have any 3rd party verification for this, but we’ve maintained a 99.998% uptime this last year according to my local Nagios, which translates to downtime roughly about

• Daily: 1s
  • Weekly: 12s
  • Monthly: 52s
  • Quarterly: 2m 37s
  • Yearly: 10m 31s
25 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @sidco!

2 Likes

Congrats on the good stats. Now I’m going to try to figure out how to handle 20 whole minutes of not getting new fuckboysteve memes and Florida trap shit in my life lol

4 Likes

Step one, turn off Echo Chamber notifications

5 Likes

What would we do without you dude.

Thanks again

2 Likes

10,5 minutes of down time per year! I could have taken 10 min, but 10,5!? That’s it! I’m out!

1 Like

You know what’s weird is I was just thinking about how everyone thought the site shut down like TheHive when there was that server update that one time. Then I was like, I hope there’s gonna be notifications for the next update or for future ones. Thanks for the update

1 Like

A lot of places have a backup site, hosted elsewhere that keeps people up to date on the server and service status. I would assume if there was a major change or potentially long downtime it would be on @Future4200 IG.

2 Likes

I gotta start using my instagram