Possible DIY mounting for packing material columns

https://www.amazon.com/Canning-Funnel-Regular-Mouth-Farberware/dp/B00MZZVOL2

Fits 3" column great. Been using this for yrs

3 Likes

Weird link, but it takes you to a canning funnel

This. This is exactly the type of system i was talking about. I keep my packing area separate from my lab and I don’t have a work bench in that area, so using hose clamps on a wall would work, but i like the idea of the packing mount being able to roll or move in some way.

1 Like

I really like this idea as well. Are these the mounted to the wall rather than like a rack mount system?

Thanks for all of you’re input guys. Has definitely given me some different options to explore. And yes i am packing on a flat surface but shit happens sometimes and columns fall haha. I guess its more of a failsafe and me trying to cut time down. always looking to make things more efficient.

Why not just screw a couple hooks into the wall and then use bungee cords to hold the tubes up for the time being?

1 Like

If i recall correctly, the big red funnel was acquired at discount or O’Reilly auto.

2 Likes

I always clamp an end plate to the bottom of my column to pack, usually with an old screen gasket in place, then another end cap clamped on top after pack & into the chest freezer to chill.

1 Like

The triclamp funnel really is a game changer. Collects keif like nobodys biz. I will never go back to a regular funnel unless I absolutely have to.

2 Likes

link to tri clamp funnel in case you don’t know where to find one…

1 Like

@Killa12345 $115 for the 4" . :man_facepalming:

1 Like

These might not be so cheap if they are thick like the other parts. I can see these being quite expensive. Im just thinking the cost of a normal 4" reducer…they arent that cheap!

3 Likes

I paid I think 70 or 80 at xtractor Depot

I have collected over 5g keif from using the funnel to fill a 4x48 4 times. Just started to collect the kief buildup for moonrock nugs. The kief it collects alone will pay off the funnel. Seriously makes life so much easier. I wouldn’t go back to any other method. I have a 4 in funnel that won’t be used much once my 6 in column arrives

1 Like

wood rack and ratchet straps with a tote underneath to catch the spent material (which works well for tire traction in slick situations).

2 Likes

We make these if that’s what you’re after.

https://www.scientific710.com/product-page/vertical-tri-clamp-material-loading-stands

2 Likes

Im liking this design, a lot more simple than others I’ve seen. Only one question. It doesn’t look like that there is an end cap involved, have you had issues with material falling out after detaching it from the stand? If so its not a big deal anyway, just pack it up or clean it quick. Just curious if there is something Im not seeing.

It really just depends on how tight you pack the material in the bottom portion of the column and the material itself. The more resin present the less it will want to fall out. We don’t pack by hand anymore since we use our hydraulic Iron Fist packer now, but when we did, we never lost any material when doing high grade material but if doing lower grade trim some can fall out since it’s looser.

2 Likes

yeah that is exactly what i was thinking. i tight rather tight on the first initial loads because I wanna get a certain weight in there. Awesome man, great looking product. will definitely consider it

1 Like

Sounds good, just let me know if you decide to grab one and I’ll shoot you a GLG discount code to use on our site!