Polyploids

Won t be long to say goodby to seeds on outdoor crop😀

@cyclopath interesting times
The even number stayed stable
Cbd content up 9-%
But what’s most Interesting is terpene content rises but some terps appear and some disappear

And the varin thing :wink:

11 Likes

I was just reading this!

3 Likes

Let the revolution begin
Sky I the limit :grin:

6 Likes

Any one from Oregon Cbd seeds in this forum ?
To give some details ?
Good job by the way :+1:

4 Likes

Autumn Crocus Is the way to go
 steep it in 120f water for 4 hours then strain and let cool .Take the solution and seeds and soak for 48 hours till the tap root pops.

Same effect as colchicine (considering that’s where colchicine is derived from) but without the harmful effects😎

Remember boys and girls
 95% of all our medicines are derived from a plant to begin with

6 Likes

The herbicide mentioned in the last paper I posted up top has waaay higher survival rates

1 Like

The UBC chemo was supposed to be a polyploid induced with colchicine, not sure if the Jordan remake carries the doubled chromosome

3 Likes

Herbicide oryzalin will do the job instead of colchicine. I’m sure both are toxic as hell.

From the article below:

“Trichome density was increased by about 40% on tetraploid sugar leaves, coupled with significant changes in the terpene profile and a 9% increase in CBD that was significant in buds. No significant increase in yield of dried bud or THC content was observed.”

That sounds promising but it contradicts oregon cbds claim of bigger yield and lower thc. The experiment was on thc bud, not cbd hemp though.

1 Like

There is a strong belief in the inner circle off Dutch breeders that the original skunk was a ploid even thou it is never confirmed
In nature one the very rare occasion that ploids meet that species makes a jump in evolution even thou after a few generations it fall s back to beeing a di ploid
But I honestly think this will be a new chapter in breeding especially for terps
And deffenatly a great leap for farmers
Having seedless crops
Time will tell they beat me to it
Legality is gold for projects like this

2 Likes

The Shaping Fire Podcast with Seth Crawford is essential listening if your interested in this:

Ive bought the hype 100%, I cant wait to not have my crop seeded out from hemp, game changer for me.

1 Like

I read the same thing, most papers i see mentioning it show a decreased yield, i wonder what makes oregoncbds different

1 Like

Read the blog post again. They address that directly:

Tetraploid cannabis plants have been described by two other research groups (Mansouri and Bagheri 2017 and Parsons et al. 2019) and their findings mirror ours; distinct morphological changes and increased nutrient consumption are apparent, but chemical composition (ratios and total amounts produced) is relatively unchanged–albeit with a marked increase in aromatic compounds. So far, evidence suggests that tetraploids offer little if any performance increase over diploids, with the exception of louder olfactory notes.
The game-changer for farmers happens when tetraploids (4n) are crossed with diploids (2n); the resulting seed carries 2 copies of chromosomes from the tetraploid parent and 1 set from the diploid parent (3n).

Tetraploid vs Triploid.

Also on Oryzalin:

However, oryzalin has greater specificity for plant tubulins (Morejohn et al., 1987) and is considered a more effective and less toxic alternative to colchicine (Petersen et al., 2003; Stanys et al., 2006; Ascough et al., 2008; Dhooghe et al., 2009; Sakhanokho et al., 2009; ViehmannovĂĄ et al., 2009; RĂȘgo et al., 2011).

3 Likes

You dont need to do dumb weed shit to not have seeds.

Just use clones and stop fucking with the genome.

3 Likes

Banana!

6 Likes

My friend,
Polyploids are a natural fenomenon rare but natural no genetic modification takes place nor is any genetic coding manipulated
It plants way to evolution beter it self become stronger as a species and moreresistant to it s environment
It s all around you Several other fruits you eat
Organic or normal
Every non hybrid plant in nature has gone treu the stage many times as. A species
It s THE only answer to avoid GMO getting into our crops
You can dislike it but I d rather you don t
Because the thc free cbd stains that are beeing offered today are GMO
And it won t be long that if they get their way
And we don t give an alternative their seeds
Will cover your land
You see if you can raise the cbd content
But not the thc the ratio s are in your favor

2 Likes

Clones won t save you from seeds,
Shit it s proven that male cannabis pollen can travel 320 km by air
Hermi s are natural to and will ruin your clones in a whiff

5 Likes

There are feral Cannabis populations all of the place, some of them are decades old. You don’t have to have shitty neighbors to have your crop seeded.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks for the nugget @nugget!

2 Likes