Piecing together a small SPD - what do you think?

Good cleaned up crude 100c to 125c
Basic cleaned up crude 110 C to 140 C
I barely never pass 140C
Been playing with iT this suits me best

2 Likes

I was checking out the smoke point of these oils. I like to decarb in my roto and prefer a cheap heat transfer fluid.

2 Likes

Sure beats the shit out of silicone oil as far as price. I wonder how a RE-501 would tolerate it?

I have been producing all sorts off chemical substances in the past 20 years
And Rice bran and avocado oil have served me Well
But My margins are bigger i have No controle and i am quite crazy with certain things so i won t say do iT but
From a sientific stand point i works unless
I turns out that certain gaskets can t handel them

1 Like

Thanks @Roguelab. I was running my condenser just under 100C last time. Gotta find a pump that can handle hot water…

1 Like

Buy an old lab sousevide they always have metal pumps

2 Likes

Make one wonder how@bestvaluevacs can sell this product if theirs a problem with the pump holding up.

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/economy-recirculating-heater-kit.html

I hear you on the Importance of having a probe in the solution point taken. Now what makes me laugh is you recommend a German Co.

Oh and your phone needs charging

2 Likes

Ohhh I’ll have to check eBay for one of those!

1 Like

Doing the second half of the crude today. Got it down to 19 microns using the proper cap for the vacuum port. Flowing pretty nicely!

4 Likes

I know but treuth be told
Germans make gooood shit
Vta, danfoss, leybold , vacuubrand yust to name a few
IT s the way iT is and for me patriotism buys make No sense for the dutch don t make shit​:rofl::rofl::grinning:

1 Like

Go 4 iT :+1:

1 Like

Lmao I know they make damn good stuff hence why I bought a used Leybold. True story I walked in to a McDonalds and thought this looks familiar so I ordered in German and was immediate told Stupid American we speak English too. Lmao

1 Like

I wonder if a converter size for correct wattage (current/Amps) would work?

simular to this.

Bought this last night for the oil bath. Figure I’ll run the condenser at 120. Sure beats manually siphoning hot water through every 10 minutes for 6-8 hours!

2 Likes

Yes converter work yust check htz frequencie

Hey @Roguelab, what type of tubing are you using with avocado oil with the circulator?

Its heat resistent tubing from the automotive industrie that they sell at the Car parts shop

1 Like

Looks like my probe is too small for my thermocoupler adapter. :weary: Anyone have a fix for this, or am I better off just buying a bigger probe? These damn PTFE adapters weren’t cheap.

2 Likes

I should mention the adapter was from Chemglass and the probe was via the link that @munkdooligan posted further up the thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Prime-TL1815-HeadProbe-Thermocouple-Temperature/dp/B0142S9J4S/ref=pd_sbs_328_2/138-9741192-1278551?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0142S9J4S&pd_rd_r=cea26027-17b8-11e9-9a63-cb41d0e7252b&pd_rd_w=nqTzo&pd_rd_wg=fXMGs&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=WEYTF99A23KXADT1A8H9&psc=1&refRID=WEYTF99A23KXADT1A8H9

1 Like