Pesticides contaminating my recovery pump?

Recently we ran a bunch of trim that passed state testing for pesticides. Turns out the detection level at the lab was not low enough to detect the small amount of pesticides that was in the trim. As you can guess once we extracted it the product failed.

Which leads me to our current problem, the recovery pump. We have already trashed all the butane in the solvent tank and dismantled the entire loop. Everything is soaking in ethanol overnight and then cleaned with a lab safe micro fiber cloth.

I am worried now about our CMEP-OL pump being contaminated with pesticides. Does anyone have insight on this, or a way to clean the recovery pump? I do not want to take any chances on having our next batches fail.

Thanks for any and all info !!

Even material that “passes” once concentrated it compounds the small amount of pesticides you said you knew where already in there. The pump shouldnt have anything to do with it

I am wondering if the pump NOW is contaminated with small amounts of pesticides that could potentially make my next batch fail…

Also we did not know they were in the material until after processing it. It was never disclosed to us.

This is the truth and the reason we do micro extractions on any biomass we intend to buy.

1 Like

That is what we are doing now moving forward. Cant trust any results on just flower or trim. Becomes redundant but its necessary.

1 Like

Anyone have any information ? Really dont want to trash my recovery pumps but if I have to I will…

Ask Ecogreen if you can run liquid ethanol through them.

They should handle it. But I wouldn’t take my word for it.

Put the intake hose in a bottle of high-test, say something witty, turn the pump on.

Clean up spit take

(Collecting the expelled liquor may be an eye opener)

1 Like