Pesticide Remediation

“As a random person.”

It’s like you don’t know me at all :frowning:
To be fair though, getting the THC community to use flash has been a nightmare. That’s why we offer so many absorbents that work well cross-platform. GW uses a “specialty resin” that costs $50k/Kg even when ordering from Asia…and it doesnt do anything massively different than C18.

5 Likes

LOL
You’ve sent me stuff to play with on the flash chroma ive ran before.

Biotage just wants these medias to be sold to people whome have relarionships with them directly.

The resins from them are modified resins, which all serve a specific purification purpose. Some bind to lipids. Some bind to chlorinated molecules. Etc…

1 Like

Yeah, that makes business sense.

Thank you for informing about their research papers. There are plenty of bits that identify the direction they went in for the resin modifications.

Hello interested in clean
626 4843336

May can help

great info, so the use of 10a (or 13x is the same I think?) molecular sieve beads should help with remediation of chlorfenapyr and chlorpyrifos? and any major down side to this desiccant besides potential for additional cannabinoid losses? thanks for any insight.

3 Likes

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

2 Likes

I was looking around Beaker&Wrench and found some graphs they did on MagSilPR and the SOP for using it.

https://www.beakerandwrench.com/product-page/magnesium-silicate-pr-grade

If you checkout the graphs…it shows a reduction in Piperonyl. I assume that is the same chemical we are talking about? or no?

Perhaps you could cleave the PBO methylene ether under similar conditions to the acidic isomerisation to delta9, at which point the catechol would be too polar to cross. It has a very low vapor pressure so it can be separated from the plants volitile components facily enough, and the MD ether is fragile, trust me

2 Likes

Would love to hear back on this as well

1 Like

Capture and Reductive Transformation of Halogenated Pesticides by an Activated Carbon-Based Electrolysis System for Treatment of Runoff - PubMed so theres like alot of scholarly articles on using activated carbon alone to treat alot of pesticides. Is popular science wrong in this case? I havent done any pesticide remediation testing personally everyone i know doesnt do pesticides or just use essential oils

1 Like

Do you think the mag-sil column and the SOP for the myco remediation will work for chlorfenapyr? Thank you

1 Like

@Davepop I am also having serious issues with chlorfenapyr. I’ve been in the middle of a larger remediation batch (20l disty), high in chlorfenapyr and Hexythiazox. I’ve been able to reduce the quantity down to nd from 16.99 but only on half the batch. The other half of the batch is even higher at 19.67. I did a full spec brine and saline wash, short bed mag sil filter than loaded large chroma column with mag sil silica aa and 13x beads per @Shadownaught advice on molecular sieve beads with a 10a pore being suitable for removing the chloronated pesticides.

3 Likes

Try doing a material neutralization first and use a multi density bee of different material. This will actively inheret the benefits of both.

2 Likes

Did you use the same Mag Sil for both halves? Sounds like you concentrated some residue from the previous run, but thats just a gut impression.

2 Likes

It was slighly aciditic going into the column to counteract the ph of the powders. @spdking what other media’s do you suggest using to create different density besides silica 60 and magsil? @Shadownaught Yea I think I underloaded rhe mag sil cause I used only 2500gs of it and 2500 of silica 60a on 15kgs of disty. I repassed the 2nd half it again and the colored band that forms on the top of the magsil layer came down into the bucket I was dripping the oil into . I got that tested and it was 7.62 which is half as much but not under the .03 California requires. I did not load 13x beads on that pass because I was in the middle of other things and forgot. I’m about to pass it for a third time now with 3600 gs of magsil 1000 60a 400 aa and 4# 13x beads.

1 Like

Hit me up we can chat on telle and go over some options.

1 Like

Will do in a bit here thank you. The store phone I’m guessing?

No dm your telle and I’ll call I’m.mobilemon a service call right now.

Has anybody had success using 10a and magsil along side saline washes to remediate PBO? We received some biomass that showed LOQ for all pesiticides, but when it was turned into distillate came up hot at around 3ppm PBO.

Is there any method that can be done to remove PBO, that isn’t an unreasonable cost sink or time sink?