Patented Ln2 stainless inv cup accelerator trap

Alot of you have heard me talk about efficient cold traps made from stainless over the time. You have also heard me talk about inneficient designs that prevent dry vacuum from operating properly and require ancillary hardware all around it and still don’t provide.

Some of you have been excessively lied to about stainless cold trap abilities.
Some of you have been taken advantage of and bought stuff that just didn’t do the trick.
Summit had released a product that is exactly as the name says.

Drier vacuum. Lower vacuum. Lower distillation temps. Insane speed increases. Better colors. Tighter fractions. Higher potency. And over all faster process.

Just as it implies this is a stainless steel inverted cup accelerator cold trap. Extremely compact. Highly complex internals. Born from the patented summit cold trap technology and delivered for liquid nitrogen useage.

If anyone is interested they come with optional sight glass that can be removed and capped off. These are the traps summit showed off for Vegas. They are avail and are affordable. Please call summit if you are interested. I’m not on here to sell them. I’m here to answer questions. Posted are some configurations. I will be making a detailed video and showing a cut away model on a YouTube video later on when time permits.

8 Likes

Spd king? More like trapking :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What’s the internal geometry like? Traditional dewer or is there some features to increase surface area and vapor retention time

2 Likes

Inverted cup inside it.

What compounds do not condense @ -80c? Why would you need -180c for a condenser?

Molecular vacuum draw.

1 Like

So it’s really not a function of condensation but a function of cooling the molecules for better movement.

Throw some propak inside of it

At those temps one must concerned about condensing oxygen. Easy way to go boom.

4 Likes

At vacuum this is a non issue. Plenty of vacuum system manufactures run cold traps at these temps. See Alcatel/labconco/thermo savant etc. When you own a $20k pump and start running halocarbons, you will want a trap that cold

Edit: think before speak; read before think

What’s happening is conductive vacuum. Something that cold begins to suck down the inlet throat considerably and attract molecules to the surface. It’s actually extremely violent from my earlier experiences with glass and ln2. The trapping effect and components inside become so cold that the extensive surface area and mechanics protect the pump and increases speeds. You should probably have a trap before it. You don’t want to use this in a ln2 config on its own after the discharge on the spd.

1 Like

Sure I use ln2 on my kd6.

What you need to be considerate about is what happens in the event of a failure; a vacuum leak in our case.

Ln2 can and will absolutely condense o2.

One of the biggest dangers of working with ln2 besides freezing yourself is condensing o2; ln2 safety 101.

Here is a quick read in the subject.

–link downloads a pdf–
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://yvesrubin.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/avoiding-the-dangers-of-liquid-oxygen.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjQkKH8yProAhUXZc0KHRnqCwcQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw21boUIjLsYClJP2_Pv3-7o

1 Like

jeezus dude get a quad-pod for that thing, I wouldn’t mount that on a grid

It’s not affecting support. It was designed to be mounted right behind spd. All of our laminar designs are highly efficient

3 Likes

You do know the temp of Ln2, correct?

Correct, DI trap before to grab the nasties then the ln2 trap to provide a violent reaction. :100:

2 Likes

Cheerfully withdrawn, missed the boat here and read -80C. Yes I am aware that LN2 is substantially colder than LO2.

Here’s the cross section.

If you haven’t seen it already, check out Summit’s new SS Cold Trap Accelerator. We had it cut to show you the internals. More detailed pictures, information and pricing at https://summit-research.tech/product/ss-cold-trap-accelerator/ :pushpin:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJbvsIhx7P/?igshid=7ibsu8qi6r5u

1 Like