opinions on quality head for 2l full bore rig.

Looking for an efficient head for my system. Currently have an AI head, works fairly well. Looking for better separation and more speed. Currently 24/40 from bf to cold trap. I don’t mind upgrading a few things, but I’d like to keep it 24/40 after the condenser. Been eyeballing the SPD-2 FC34 from summit. Would an adapter from 29/42 to 24/40 on the head or after the swingarm create any notable problems? All glass joints to kf-25 bellows to pump. System dry pulls 1-2 microns, and under 4 loaded without leaks.

1 Like

for the price of the summit head you can get yourself a 5L mantle, a dual neck flask with 34/45 for the head, and a 34/45 head. so long as youre going full bore to the trap why not get more volume per run? upgrade the head with the money you make off the first run… or don’t and just keep distillin til you want to invest in something real nice- someone was selling an absolutely massive 10L kit for $15k here recently.

No need for high volume, 2l is perfect. Only have to distill 3x a month max. I’m anal for efficiency lol. I’ve made leaps and bounds in 10-20 runs. Just want my setup to be "complete " seems my head is lacking for my needs/desires.

1 Like