Open source Methane Capture

Just saw something about a crypto mining operation that uses cow crap.

Anyone know what parts it would take to build a bioreactor methane capture system?

1 Like

There were two threads about this in the last 6 months.

I believe @GroovyOctopusLabs is the pooman in this case.

2 Likes

Well I mean… It’s cause I was thinking why waste the waste? Why pollute the earth and deplete the ozone if there’s energy to be made or c02 to be recaptured off of the shit that’s out there from livestock. which, the methane apparently is a reason for wanting to ban meat.

I guess maybe have some sort of sewage built for cow shit and have that going to a shit burning plant… Idfk.

2 Likes

Modify a sterling engine to incorporate a supercharger. Try to harvest solar with dishes. Fill a generator. Keep the cycle going.

You could probably do something less elaborate and expensive by trying to go with more closed loop ideas like that.

Basically fill a generator from a natural source, run the generator while charging a second generator from the same natural source.

Keep it going as long as you can and have a regular gas or propane generator on stand-by.

received_328961072458116

Wikipedia gif of a super charger :point_up:t2:

There is no such thing as perpetual energy only closed loop. :octopus: It’s sad but true.

I did some searching these tanks are actually really reasonable. 3 - 20M^3 tanks Two for digestion and One for Storage could process 7 Cow amounts of manure per day of each shots 15 gallons.

So how much electricity would you get off of that?

a shitload

12 Likes

I’m bad at poop math.

2 Likes

Still have to calculate that.

I’ve got some papers on bioreactors I’ll put up here

Let me know cause I’m interested in this shit.

1 Like

The C02 could be pumped directly into a grow.

1 Like

The methane production is the easy part, you need a large buffer tank to store the gas in so you can properly treat it and use it to power a generator continously.

1 Like

Or used to make dry ice.

Don’t you have to burn the methane a certain way or some shit.

Start from post 41.

When I was looking into sand septic, I came across some shit in bio reactors and got me to thinking about some shit…I need to reread some shit now!

2 Likes

A second bioreactor could turn the methane gas into methanol

With carbon credit/etc incentives, dairy methane capture and RNG production is becoming a big thing. Talked to a farmer who’s had over 10 groups looking to do this try and partner with him

2 Likes