Opaline Silica Thread

My whole point is you went off on a tangent with misinformation without even talking to anyone first. You didn’t even have the right silica or SDS

I corrected you and told you that PHOTON said this, then you went and talked to him after you realized WHO said all this.

I just find it funny you were so against it till you figured out photon told us about this, now you’re trying to sell it to the world.

2 Likes

Ive spent the last 2 months arguing with people that think CRC is gonna kill people due to misrepresentations of how silicosis risk works. Guess I got wrapped up in making sure this wasn’t a vector. My bad.

10 Likes

Just to throw my 2cents in:

First thing I did when I heard about opaline silica application was look for safety issues. And sure enough — there are some very serious issues regarding material quality. I posted the paper about crystaline silica and cristobalite — só if you supply people with opaline silica that also contains cristobalite there are some very serious potential problems. That still needs to be further investigated as to how, when and where the cristobalite would become a health risk but it’s the holidays and I don’t plan on using anything with cristobalite period. And there’s a published way to test that is inexpensive.
That being said let’s talk about carbon chemistry and people out to make money and being extremely careless and in my opinion an asshole.
—I got blown up with requests or my/our opinion ok using Celite after Vegas. Why? No clue. Some jackass. Point is, CARBON CHEMISTRY does not carry Celite or magnesol — because of the safety issues. Furthermore, the companies that own and mine and distribute those WILL NOT sell it to anyone whose end product is combustible or for inhalation. So ANYONE that is pushing or selling Celite is an asshole and just out to make some bucks. Period. Guess what happened to our cartridge and distillate market because of assholes like that???!! Ya, it’s fucking destroyed. All because some clown that wants to make money decided to cut carts for profits. See my point.
I’m not gonna call anyone out - so if you read this, do it yourself — become better, stop being selfish, good for you that you can make some money…but you’re immature selfish behavior is negligent and will impact all of us.
Caution is good. Let’s try to make healthy decisions.
Thank you to @Photon_noir for dropping a new gem. I think clearly scientific has been using this but I’m not sure. It’s a new solution to me anyways and perfect timing for a good general stand alone product for mass crc! :+1::+1:
@Shadownaught / Carbon Chemistry props to you guys for being safety focused. :clap::clap:
And @Kingofthekush420 always on point!!
I make shit loads of mistakes and if that sounded pompous I apologize the thing is that I will make mistakes and i like for people to call me on them and give me the opportunity to become better and grow. So that is why I’m saying to those that don’t even look at consequences you gotta step your game up or GTFO of the industry before you fuck it all up like honey cut did.
And stop selling Celite.
@DUMPSTERFIREOG nice post on the sand! Double check that there’s no acetone residuals in final product - pyrolysis of acetone is really bad.

15 Likes

To date we’ve had no issues with residual acetone in our extracts, but you’re right it’s definitely something to watch for. Would it be better to increase the temps or length of duration in the oven?

2 Likes

If you’re good then you’re good. There was a CBD dab company that was posting products in here and selling it while it had residual acetone.
I’ll dm you about the drying stuff - not ready yet but I’ll have something better shortly

Awesome thanks man

I think im the only one here that sells Celite 545 except BVV.

I source all my celite from:

If you think there is money in selling celite you would be suprised there is none. Im just providing it cause its used in our line of work. Sorry you feel this way! I just dont like seeing people use DE when they can use something that is washed and sorted by micron. :man_shrugging:

Im glad you think this is about money all the time. It dont bother me one bit. I really dont know who else you can be referring to. LOL Hope you had a safe holiday!.

15 Likes

There’s a lot people selling - my point was it’s not a big deal to find out something we do isn’t the ideal or right move—because we can change.
BUT ALSO, to point out that honey cut and the vape thing happened. It was real. And it did affect money and it did affect people’s lives and health etc.
so the main theme here is that especially those that affect the market and industry need to be cognizant of consequences and what we are doing.
Intent and consequence are not always in the same.

And let’s make a push to not have Celite be part of our industry. Before someone gets sued and filtration gets banned for all smokable products. Right?!
Same thing across the board. Some of the looking glass explode - like a lot. I don’t remember those guys sell them idk but anyways stuff like that. Let’s just not do that. Or fuck it, bring back the honey cut and let’s get really crazy out here — which one does everyone prefer?
That’s why I brought up the post Vegas demand for Celite.
I might have started to tell people to use it. I’m really glad I didn’t. Mistakes can happen but if you’re not at least paying attention or give a fuck or are willing to operate in that way then ya, I think that’s huge problem. Like a massive problem.

1 Like

are you someone’s troll alt account or just a troll? You post, but don’t contribute whatsoever

6 Likes

because you said??? im not following? I see Celite used in most laboratories across this country. What is the post vegas demand?

im also trying to figure how honey cut has something to do with china boof plates and now celite. Bro…i dont even know what to say to some of this shit. If its bad in the industry its honey cut…

and your not alone thinking im an asshole…most of the other people selling absorbents and carbon chemistry stuff think the same. Didnt you recently become a carbon chemistry dealer…:rofl::joy::rofl:

i get it…trust me! this aint the first time!

10 Likes

Cheapest I’ve for for celite 545

2 Likes

No not because I said.
And yes it is sold to labs. Apparently you missed the KEY piece about combustible and inhalation end product.
You’re being rude and clearly have a major disregard and hubris.
The company that sells Celite as in, THE company…not distributors, not resellers…they said THEIR INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER THE USE OF OR SALE TO ANYONE FOR THE USE OF INHALATION OR COMBUSTIBLE PRODUCTS.

That’s not me saying and you should listen to ME, you should listen to THEM.
Regulation isn’t even on this industry right now but people talking and acting like you are a LIABILITY.
Read it again. And there’s a reason why @Shadownaught and carbon chemistry don’t carry or sell it — which is also this same reason. People like you are gonna get this whole thing fucked up. This isn’t a joke. You could have said “oh damn. That makes sense. Ok let’s pull that product and list ways to replace it like @Roguelab did, like @DUMPSTERFIREOG did. But no, you wanna talk Shit and act like a pimp. Well big shot, you are putting this entire industry at risk.
And the Chinese filters every day I get an email or IG dm with a broken or blown out filter. Again, what’s gonna happen when that’s on the news. You think you’re actions don’t affect the rest of us. Fuckinh selfish.

Wake up man. What I said was respectful, kind and with good intention.
I’m not your enemy or out to get you or put you down personally. If I was I would have taken shots at you and called you out. Period. Did I do that? Nope. Now you just made yourself look like a clown that doesn’t give a fuck about anyone but yourself and your whole gimmick is just for sales. I bet the honey cut guy had the best customer service too.
Just change your attitude and be responsible instead of talking shit to me and making it some personal thing. I don’t care if you start selling cock rings on here - I just don’t want people doing things with potential harm, known harm, and consequences that can affect all of us. And when/if I make that mistake I’m gonna say thank you to whoever points that out and make the correction. It’s not a big deal until it is.

1 Like

im being rude? Bro you have taken shots at me before. No ones acting like a pimp or any big shot. your the one with the name calling.

Your not being respectful. i get complaints about the products your selling as well. You can think im a clown. Im not worried about what you think. You can think what you will. Please keep up the hate. I dont need to sell filter plates or celite. Im still successful.

Tag anyone you want. i read everything you have to say. Im awake! I posted my source of the celite. My V2 filter plates will be just as good for 1/4 of the price you sell them for. If you dont think i care…ask the people i work with.

The reason my customer service is sooo good cause i dont have to use it often…when i do…i make sure its taken care of in a adequate time frame not holding a customer shit for 3 months. Come on bro.

I think my reputation over the last 2 years here have spoken for itself. But hey ill be the :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

You assumptions and hate is the reason your fear mongering for sales.

At least you finally said your true feelings! its about the realest shit ive seen you post!

16 Likes

No one is fear mongering
This started with the opaline and the obvious concern was that people that lack discernment would procure an opaline silica that was not safe to use. That’s well documented. And I think most got that’ point. That is why it is being scrutinized and talked about — also to raise awareness so some cowboys don’t just start using / sell Ann opaline that contains cristobalite etc.

That spilled into talking about Celite.
I chose not to mention anyone that specifically sells Celite becaue I actually could only think of BVV.
And MY POINY wasn’t to call people out.
But it does make a point. And I guess you felt the need to grab the spot light and talk about how you’re prices are great and that’s you sell celite.
You’re not at all contributing to this particular thread in fact you are taking away from it and taking away from the whole message

1 Like

If we continue or start using things that can cause consumer harm
AND
we are using products that are not insured for the use of smokable oils — and this is the big part — the entire supply chain can literally be shut down.
Completely. And new regulations come in. I didn’t think I would have to literally spell it out like that (which in and of itself just presented a risk of exposure). Seriously :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:
Is this not making sense or is Kila the only one that doesn’t get it.

1 Like

Well i think your using insurance policy as an excuse, i mean my fire insurance doesnt cover a nice deck, but im gonna build that anyways. Will the deck hurt people if not built right, of course, but anyone selling nails and screws shouldnt be liable for peolple leaving them pointy side up thru the board. Thats the idiot doing that.
I see that there are dangers and risks to using new powders, i feel like people on this thread, are aware that there are multiple grades of any powder and there are ways of using a powder properly or not. Instead of dropping a blank statement saying celite is bad, i would start educating and saying why, and how it can be used properly, instead of just saying " sorry, guys up top said no, so we cant use it"

10 Likes

please get carbon chemistry to say the stuff they sell has insurance like your saying too. Have you read the disclosure???

Or oil Dri. your pulling at straws. I will not post in this thread as your right i dont want to take away from the opaline silica thread.

But i dont think anyone will say that they insure their product being using for cannabis oil with will be inhaled.

2 Likes

This isn’t a conspiracy guys.
We got multiple alternatives to Celite posted now and they keep dropping — with sources to buy.
Literally.

ill carry them too. Lets let the consumers choose. Soon as there is a carbon chemistry alternative direct drop in replacement…ill have it…trust me

5 Likes

This is above carbon kila.
I got that email on the 20th.
It makes sense and it’s not a sales manipulation.
It’s a “oh shit this could fuck us”.
So I’m looking long term and how to hedge this and what needs to be Done in the regulations side too. In fact, you, me, carbon, all of us should Be proactive on this.

1 Like