Only The Strong sauce tek

Do you notice a difference in terpenes% running straight N dry ice cold…

I’ve always thought a trich is trich and melting it is melting it regardless the solvent,as long as to temp I mean

1 Like

I was wondering if this were the case. I have this happen on certain strains every time… I don’t have access to testing to confirm if that’s the case but I’ve always wondered why absolutely no nucleation would happen on that strain when subjected to heat and pressure. I had one jar go for a couple of months and only a single stone dropped out (~200mg). I tried purging it to shatter but it stayed sap no matter what I did. It dabbed great in the end though

4 Likes

Me thinks this is due to fats

Interesting, i had a semi-live run. I jarred it. Got it cold on dry ice for a few hrs, thawed in the freezer. It had good fluid movement and started to bloom. I through it on a cloning heat pad. Seem sugar dropping all over the place to the point it looked kinda cloudy. I new it was sugar because i put a light to it. In 24 hrs since the heating pad it looks like sauce. I havent opened the jar yet.
Did i not have enough saturated tane in it to properly separate terps

1 Like

How hot is your heating pad?

1 Like

Fats can definitely inhibit crystallization but if there is not enough THCA present to become saturated in the solution then it will not crystallize.
By that logic a 1-1 strain or even a strain with a low THCA percentage will be more difficult to crystallize.

4 Likes

Under 90f, but sue exactly

Got a photo of it now? Is it runny? The blooms melt back in and you just have what looks to be sauce, crystals start forming anywhere from 24 hours in till possibly 3 weeks later generally within a week depending on saturation

1 Like

Ill take pics when i get home this evening. But there is no more fluidity to it. Looks to sauced completely

2 Likes

You just didn’t have enough solvent is all…

You can take it out place it on PTFE and turn it up to side, the terps will run out mostly over day or so… Unless you have to much fats then it may not move at all

3 Likes

Might be fats. And not a proper saturation

2 Likes

I got home cracked my jar and the release of pressure is causing liquid to push up. Odd nvr seen that before.

I just went to take a pic and it settled back in

5 Likes

U had solvent left that’s ok seal it back fast

1 Like

I did. That about 40% of a pint jar

2 Likes

wasn’t super saturated enough yet. what did you purge that run at? as far as recovery pot temperature. my trick is to have your recovery pot temp on your CLS the same temp as “room temp” or wherever your storing the jars. this way when you purge it down to a slush before you squirt out (5psi what I use on mine) you know that the pressure is constant… your not going from 5psi purging too hot (say 100F+ degrees) or too cold (40/50Fs to try and “save more terps”) to interfere. keep everything “constant” this way when your jars/chamber are at room temp they’ll be at 5psi or more (usually more) because it was psi at CLS volume where as a mason jar is wayyyyy smaller volume so the psi jumps. I got 2yr old material to crash out in 7 days, just needed a little more temperature and burping

1 Like

This was over night, less than 24hrs.

1 Like

Is that clear tek jar?

2 Likes

Yes, fast jar teck. Not quit clear though, had a lil yellow to it. Ill do a clear one as soon as i can.
Few hrs on dry ice, thaw in freezer overnite. Seen a couple blooms, onto cloning heat pad. Next morning was what i posted

2 Likes

This was not the desired outcome. Not sure if its fats or what.

Not a win but not really a fail either

8 Likes

Looks like really fine sugar and terps, how does it dab?

1 Like