Only The Strong sauce tek

Yep its adjustable from 75 to 115 or something like that, its definitely a china import, i can get the link and post it, was like 20$ or something, used infrared thermometer to set cuz the dial only has dots, it seems fairly consistent didnt range much
https://www.amazon.com/Fermentation-Power-Heating-Thermometer-Kombucha/dp/B076MFXXTV/ref=asc_df_B076MFXXTV/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242060330762&hvpos=1o14&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1300424518332429368&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9058534&hvtargid=pla-428985588423&psc=1

6 Likes

seedling heat mat with adjustable thermostat and dehumidifier in the same room/place.

8 Likes

I have been using this for about 4-5mos and it works great and accurate
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F821DKQ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/2-25-gallon-rectangle-3-4-acrylic-wall-vacuum-chamber.html
I use something similar to these with a silicone heat mat on the bottom

2 Likes

Fire cabinet with fire proof insulation and a small heater

1 Like

So what temp will start melting my crystals during the sealed stage?

Whatā€™s considered guaranteed to hot?

Iā€™m asking bc I didnā€™t jar enough solvent and Iā€™m having to keep it really warm to stay mobile. At like 80f itā€™s barely thinā€¦ After 2.5 wks at 90ish Iā€™m getting growth finally, wanting to ramp it up not worrying about terp preservation

2 Likes

Thats a good question, when i decarbed them it took alot of heat to get them to melt
Ive seen ppl say they at 95 growing so your probably safe to thereā€¦ terps might be effected and i bet it gets dark in Color

1 Like

I put mine on the bottom of my oven at 90f. Not sure if bottom is 90 or ambient temp is

3 Likes

Was already dark red, dark darkā€¦ Extracted dry ice cold , frozen but no jacketā€¦
Is not my material, sourced out westā€¦ Probably leftovers they couldnā€™t give away
I took plenty pics
Got my powders on the way! I have another half lb same stuff gonna try and lighten her up

5 Likes

some strains I find need more heat before anything happens. My lemon strains donā€™t start to crystallize until theyā€™re warmer for some reason. Theyā€™re still fairly runny at room temp but nothing happens. Currently my IR temp gun says the pad the jar is sitting on is at 100F. I donā€™t usually need to go higher than this as it keeps the entire jar nice and warm to the touch.

This run of lemons for instance didnā€™t show any signs of crystallization for a week. I put it on heat and the next day I saw numerous ~5mm crystals forming.

When I run OG dominant strains, I see the same sized crystals in less than 48hrs with no heat. They perform the same when placed on heat too which I find interesting.

To me this says the terps really play a huge role in separation.

As far as temp goes on crystals, I find when I dab them on the e-nail, it takes at least 3 times as long to melt down and start producing vapor compared to dabbing shatter or wax. Theyā€™re definitely more resilient to heat.

9 Likes

I redissolved(bitch like always) started over, getting great cold crash resultsā€¦ Canā€™t wait,

3 Likes

Have you ever tempered chocolate before? Cocoa Butter is a lipid which has six different crystal forms (polymorphs) that can be formed via specific heating and cooling patterns- I would imagine that forming cannabinoid lipid crystals would follow similar logic.

9 Likes

Step 6 States ā€œput lid on loose and cryo with dry ice / isopropyl for minimum of 2 days.ā€ I believe our current process is that the lids are tight. With the lids tight instead of loose what would be the difference if any.

2 Likes

Allows for any vapor to vent out if they any without bandā€¦

Acts as one way valve I was toldā€¦

But it creates negative vacuum when cold donā€™t be fooled thoughā€¦, thatā€™s way too much solvent to put the band on, pressure could build in instant and blow Everything

1 Like

Makes no differenceā€¦when cold they vacuum close anywayā€¦loose is just a precautionā€¦

5 Likes

excalibur dehydrator- take the front off and vent it to a metro rack, insulate the whole thing.

3 Likes

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Thank you sir

1 Like

Also I have noticed that THCa crystals bloom at different rates. We have current strains that bloom faster then others. Some take up to two weeks. Others a few days. So I take it that if the THCa bloom looks like the first photo above its good to go the the oven. Any advantage to leaving the jars in the freezer once the crystals have bloomed in the jars?

5 Likes

Ive only gotten bloom once, i now only cold crash 24 hours tops, ive seen no difference of any kind

7 Likes