Only The Strong sauce tek

Been looking for a repeatable tek & this is definitely it! @Otscc thank you good sir, you’re a gem in the community :kissing_closed_eyes:

First attempt at diamonds too

7 Likes

It’s the back pressure from The gas turning from liquid to back to gas…

So the state of Michigan came out with this little gem the other day talking about diamond mining and requiring a documented and approved process from the Bureau of Fire Protection. How can you adhere to Bureau of Fire Protection code and also make diamonds? Any thoughts or comments?

You never wanna catcha case of Swiftalitus

2 Likes

woof!

yeah. you have to build a small, passive CLS. and put a needle valve between the hot and the cold side.“hot” doesn’t have to be much above rm temp. cold side, say -20C.

if you slowly ramp the cold side, your needle value doesn’t have to do as much of the work…

then you have to have PSI or someone else sign off on it. 'cause I’m a biologist not an engineer :wink:

Edit: start with a diamond miner. make it one you can load directly from your extractor without pouring. to keep the fire marshal off your ass.

9 Likes

This is the correct answer for sure. @cyclopath

To make life easier you should perform the process in an area that would pass NFPA code for the potential solvent release (under a hood with sprinklers in the room is an example). Your fire marshal just wants to see that the process does not pose an uncontrolled fire risk. Using stainless, certified, vessels that avoid solvent release is a great place to start.

3 Likes

No diamonds are now illegal in Michigan…just saw a post about it on the cannabis connection.

2 Likes

It’s not about where it’s processed, it’s the sop is not approved by the lara, I believe.

Michigan folks may need to make a new diamond SOP that recovers more gas in the CLS and avoids a buildup of pressurized flammable gas in the diamond miner

2 Likes

Pressurize with nitrogen to provide an inert, explosion proof atmosphere in the miner :wink: can’t have combustion without oxygen!

To keep the law happy surely someone could make an SOP where mining is done in a rated pressure vessel and instead of venting solvent to the atmosphete hook up miner to a recovery tank and recover tiny amounts of solvent each day. It’s a pain to do this but then I don’t see how the law would have a problem with the process. You are taking an extract from the cls and storing it in an approved pressure vessel, then recovering solvent slowly over a period of weeks/months rather than minutes/hours. If running a cls to make shatter is an allowed process I see no reason that growing diamonds should not be allowed as it can be done to the same degree of safety.

But in saying all that, there are many many laws which are completely illogical to me, so really the law makers do as they please and we deal with the consequences unfortunately.

4 Likes

The problem I see with this is sheer amount of miners one would need to continuously produce diamonds. I know the fire marshal could careless but it would definitely hinder the process. But that’s just a side thought.

1 Like

I thoroughly agree that my proposition is not practical but just trying to think about how it could be done in a way that no fire marshall could dispute as dangerous.

Or just use this method for mega sized batches to make it a viable process :wink: and worth the effort doing small recoveries every day hahah

1 Like

The notice specifically mentions NFPA compliance which directly relates to location. NFPA is a building safety code related to fire danger. I believe you are thinking of residual solvent issues or something which would probably fall under Health and Safety rather than NFPA(Fire Marshall).

1 Like

No I read it was unapproved sop… but I’ll try to find the article.

What do you mean by “sweeping with argon”? Keeping your system under vacuum while letting argon creep through to push out residual gases?

1 Like

yep, it helps move any residual gasses out/ helps evaporation of the solvent.

1 Like

Regarding Mason jar lids blowing off. When you buy a case of wide mouth Mason jars the case is sealed in heavy heat shrunk plastic which jams the lid sealing rings into each other denting them. Where you found the cases of Mason jars on the supermarket shelf will be boxes of replacement lids and sealing rings, buy a box of replacement sealing rings, and throw the originals that came with the case in the trash.

7 Likes

Ive used year old trim and still got diamonds with this tek

3 Likes

How many weeks based on ranging alternating temperatures did it take you between these jars

1 Like

Took about 3 to 4 wks for me…ive noticed Amount in jar can effect time , that’s also another thing I haven’t had enough experiments with yet

The only thing I notice is differently was the clarity, my cold stuff didn’t have no Clarity at all my hot stuff did was super clear,

I haven’t just stuck in cabinet for crash in while though, heat makes em to perfect!

And I didn’t make enough no heat runs to find out how consistent things were

Good luck buddy

2 Likes

Does anyone know if it is possible to filter out the bloomed THCA at this point?