Only The Strong sauce tek

You keep it sealed to end and you’ll have the same amount Tane than when you started!

You want a controlled EVAP with the Miner, I don’t know the exact rates, but I know you have to do slow burps over time. It’s slow process,I think you even slow down on pressure release at certain amount… But I don’t know exactly how the EVAP rates are, but they are way more controlled…

I was explained like this… You buy a sealed butane lighter, well in year time, the butane still there bc it’s sealed, miner same way, Crystals form by the slow evap of solvent…so if you never burp it’ll never change
So you have to burp it ,but it’s just really slow and controlled amounts

The lids on the jar must not be a solid seal, bc the main amount visual Tane I have always goes rather quickly!

7 Likes

Would love to see everyone do a write up of there own personal tek. Step by Step w/ Pics like the old school OVERGROW style. I notice there are a few of you gentlemen that have your own steps and specific equipment. I imagine maybe even ratio’s of solvent or single solvents used to achieve the end product. I know some guy here locally that says he just uses just n-butane. Would love to read each one of your guy’s tek. Beautiful thing about option is one may feel easier or more complex then the other which can inspire those who are intimidated by the idea of making THC-a.

Thanks for spreading this information. This is at the end of the day a plant and an amazing medicine.

11 Likes

I have a few questions. I appologize if they already have been answered in advance as i spent about 4 hours reading. So i am about a week in after sealing the jar up and crystal growth was fantastic, but my crystals began to freely move along the bottom of my jar, Is that supposed to happen? I figgured they were ready so i poured them out, but when i opened the jar, the terp layer began to slightly bubble and became thicker, and i had to scrape out my jar. This is my 4th run and im definitely a learn from failing kind of guy, my first 3 attempts i yielded crystals and got ahead of myself and opened the jar. All three times. I ended up just washing those crystals. I know i didnt wait long enough again, but what is the minimum wait time? Oh, also when im bringing up to room temp should the lid be loose untill i get to where im supposed to tighten? Or should i jave slight pressure building in the jar while gas escapes?
I have a tendency to ramble so agian sorry in advance,
My main questions were,
After a certain amount of time(a week) do the crystals begin to move freely on the bottom of the jar?
When i pour out should the terp faction be slow? Or very runny?
What is the minimum wait time before i can pour off?
Should i already be building pressure as i come up too room temp? Or should the tane be freely allowed to escape?
Thank you for all your efforts also guys i cant tell you how much this thread is appreciated

3 Likes

Thank you hang in there!

8 Likes

Thank you so much. I had no idea about not moving em. Thinking about it now it should have been obvious lol. Ok i have another batch still sitting and ill be sure to leave it alone. A few more questions.
I have my jars sitting on top my grow room lights theyre t5 grow lights and it stays pretty warm, do you think thats too hot? Should i just leave it in the room and not on top the lights?
Also the light cycles 16/8 so they are only warmed for 16 hours a day and pretty much stay cool for 8 hours. Is the lack of constant temp bad?
Finally, how would i go about burping, earlier i said when i opened the jar the terps began to bubble, is that how i should burp? Or should i just slightly loosen the jar and let out a little leak of gas?
Thank you again every little bit gets me closer to the boulders i want, these are some of the larger diamonds i got from the batch i had posted about earlier

4 Likes

how tf do people recover at 65 degrees.

2 Likes

Slowly… Cold to colder…

Collection base 65f … Will cause cold boil inside
Put tank on dry ice acetone… It will pull cold to colder…

Next that will take forever… Easier to start cold for safety… Then warm water till third gone, then dial back to 80-85 to finish so you don’t burn oil once cold boil stops( this is your collection pot I’m talking about)

2 Likes

Vacuum certainly helps, are you not able to recover gas that low? Are you chilling your recovery tank?

1 Like

You don’t need acetone. Just pack the tank in dry ice (I use a 5 gallon water cooler) and keep the top covered with dry ice as that’s where most the heat dissipation/condensation happens…

3 Likes

Adding liquid increases heat transfer efficiency because it increases contact surface vs a solid.

In the case of dry ice it also reduces leidenfrost effect. Not necessary. But uses less dry ice for same cooling effect.

4 Likes

Yes I know haha, my point is still the same it’s not needed and will go through more dry ice (due to size of tanks/cooling bath container. and acetone then needed! Less is more in this case! But if you want to spend extra money for maybe 15 minuets quicker recovery have at! Also I can reuse the left over dry ice from the recovery.

Ok so I have bigger tank at the moment, I think just dry ice will really help… When I injecting though, I’ll have to add acetone to the coil? Dry ice alone want be enough? I’ll put the collection base in cryo… Was just trying to reuse dry ice where I could…I spent 50lbs like was nothing on my first cls run last weekend…lol. The tanks a lil big lol… If was a 6*12 I would probably come out better then bc I could just switch coolers for tank and collection if they both could fit in same cooler

You can make you solvent too cold! In a sense it won’t move, it’s becomes very sluggish below -10ish degrees. I fill my column for a soak then set my tank a a water cooler with a handful of dry ice to keep cold til I drop and resoak.

1 Like

Also just put you solvent tank on dry ice. No need to cool the collection pot! If you hook up the solvent tank pre drop, the tank is frozen and takes all the head pressure and allows a quick drop!

1 Like

I use the warm air if warm outside, or warm water to push, on the tank, the chiller coil before Extractor, it doesn’t have issue moving, flies out!

Gone try dry ice acetone on the coil and dry ice on collection…

I was pushing warm to cold

I don’t put my recovery tank in cold, I have a 150lb recovery tank that I have a chiller going to. I suppose I could try going that low in temp during recovery but it seems like anything lower than 80 degrees doubles my recovery time so I try to keep the water that the collection pot is sitting in around 100 degrees or more. Thanks for your replies dudes

1 Like

So i did a lil experiment which is still in progress.

Basically i extracted nug that ran a little dark. Then I single solvent crashed off the fats and thc. I seperated the 2 fractions and saved the butane/terps in cryo. Then I took the solids and winterized through various filter media to make a pristine solution of thca/ethanol. Then i rotovaped the ethanol (maybe should have performed a louche- alkane wash to prevent decarb) then i threw the residual laden oil in vac oven for a few days. Dissolved the oil in its own terpene butane solution and then in more butane, and now im back to sauce tek…

One thing im noticing is a very white cake on the bottom of jars. This happened without a cryo crash. I wish i could test a sample right now to see what it is. The cake dissolves in warm butane but not in cold.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I was able to isolate the white stuff and I believe it is more impurity. Was about to dab some but it wouldnt even melt! It was just fines from my talc powder (magsil) I obviously need something better to prevent that.

1 Like

So if your set up solvent tank to coil to material columns to collection base? I’m trying to figure out the coil thing it’s new to me

I have my tank in warm water, then 5ft line, the coil (which also sets in dry Ice acetone)… Another line3ft to extractor, then I set the Extractor collection base in cooler with same cryo method…

Then i recover with collection in water and tank in the cryo…

The warm pushes the solvent fast though the cryo coil

** For everyone else **

Save a cooler when using a coil if you can!

This has let me take a cooler out and use less dry ice and acetone!!

Bc both collection and coil need to be at cryo temp when injecting

2 Likes

How much material are you running for this 200ml rule to work?