Only The Strong sauce tek

Yeah at 90°F

People suggest this is dangerous. Any idea why ?

Because you’re warming up a substance that’s building pressure inside a glass jar.

4 Likes

Right I get that, so we’re all just playing with fire then ?

1 Like

No, you can do the same process with a diamond miner which is not made of glass in some cases.

2 Likes

it looks dangerous to the fire marshals in Michigan

3 Likes

That’s the thing…the “jar Tek” WILL and NEVER be safe!

Get miner to be “safe”

But I’m even CRazy bc I put in wooden box inside veg room…best I can do… And that’s no where near “safe”

A closet will work, might take another couple days but heat is where it’s at! How u get there I can’t suggest…not w jars

Does anyone in the community know safe way for jars thats NOT oven…some kinda water proof heating pads idk…and taped plugs shut? See just saying that SCREAMS NOT SAFE!

I must be an idiot then!!! :thinking: :blush:

2 Likes

I use jars safely, I purge enough residual solvent out that there is no pressure build up at all, I often can fully purge my oil before crystallizing.

4 Likes

Ok but that’s not the OTSS Tek…which is what I was talking about

I do what u do most the time @pangea

Guys, I need some help. I sprayed last night and jarred what I had, from the instructions I understand I chill my crude solution for a couple hours and filter thru my buchner? I slept for about 7 hours, then filtered it. It left a sticky white substance on the paper. That’s fats correct? Not my separated layer? It’s now back in the cryo bath

Yes those would be them for sure. How cold did you let it get

They are on 91% iso with dry ice. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t filter anything important. I think I need to get rid of more butane though, I have about 24 oz of my solution, I sprayed about 300g. What consistency should it be for cold crash? Completely liquid like water while in cryo is too much solvent right?

I don’t necessarily use the osst, but it being in a very liquid like state is a way to get that cold crash before you vent off to start the actual crash. If you are capable of getting diamonds from the dispo or rec shop (I don’t know where you are), you can save a decent sized one from the jar and use that as a seeder once you get down to a low enough butane level. Using a seeder will ensure growth and faster. Along with the seeder being imitated by the other diamonds being grown. So, if you put in a good sized one, good sized ones of similar structures will grow. Put in some small grainy ones, small grainy ones will grow.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m evaporating more then going to start the crash over I did 3 300g runs. I do have access but I’m on a budget so just trying to get by for now

Any pointers on how much solvent to leave for crash

Before you get down to almost none and it’s starting to get thick, that’s about the time you can drop it in. I use miners, sometimes they’ll crash before I even get to that point and I pour it in thicker because I’m using seeders. Keep burping till she’s nearly all gone.

You may even get a crash before then, but that’s dependent on the material and how well it was dewaxed

If that ur thcA u may have messed up!

U don’t wanna filter it out…!

Would it have a lot collected in 7 hrs? There was noticably more in the lower quality material

Yea, and it also depends on how cold it was ran in the first place. The warmer the solvent you will pull more undesirables and have to filter out more. The cleaner your end product is, the better formations you will have. The fewer compounds present, make it easier for compounds to bond.

3 Likes