Only The Strong sauce tek

x2, I do it this way also and it comes out great with barely any waxes. I typically don’t even use DI or cold crash and it still comes out fire and I get decent sized diamonds on small runs. (~.5in diameter)

1 Like

Yes blast fast and cold…for what u have this it!

We been were u are many years ago!

Freeze with dry ice … Blast fast, be carful running to much tane bc u’ll start to thaw the frozen column!

A dewax material column only allows us to freeze them entire material then run -30f solvent over it! You freeze your column on dry ice to keep moisture out, lay towel down and set in there!

Blasted like this for years homie

Only way to do true dewax otherwise is a second solvent winterization… And a coffee filter won’t get the wax out…need filter paper and ethanol!

1 Like

just wondering why do you think the Buchner would go boom

Buchner funnel needs to vac assisted to pull through filter paper… Let’s say you used a water aspirated vacuum, so the fumes wouldn’t matter, no boom! What you’re going to run into then is the boiling point of butane with the ambient temperature of the room , it’s just never been good idea by the pros but ppl have been known to do…

Maybe one the pros can ring in on why w what u have blasting fast and cold is best…and why buchner funnel butane bad idea… Just trying to help you brother, that’s all the ppl do around here, not pick apart, BUT HELP!!!

Just your trying to filter something you can freeze and leave behind, never take in the first place…

good luck regardless

2 Likes

Here’s how ya do it. But you should use a large volume of solvent and or save the “fats” for crude oil bc they can be 50%thc

But can we agree that on dry ice, if he blast cold and fast the naked eye will have hard time telling… For what he has he can get really good diamonds with pretty damn good terpenes… And the 2nd step may not really be needed it he doesn’t run to much tane…sounds like he doing smaller runs not tons like some y’all…that matters!

I’d be more concerned about using the undistilled solvent…I did like this for years though!

1 Like

Ya it’s seeming to obviously make way more sense to just freeze my material and tube Forsure. Especially since both will requirement to get dry ice anyway why add the extra step with the Buchner. That being said I’m still interested in how it’s any different or more likely to go expose or whatever than pulling a vac on your oven or chamber which also has butane in it

1 Like

Appreciating all your feedback to brother means a lot :fist_right:

1 Like

Also any idea why this jar is a black color when I ran the same material as all my other runs just into a bigger jar and more starting material when all the other jars were more of a yellow orange color

And since it’s not one third full would it be ok to run more into it and redo the cold crash and pretty much restart?

Usually ppl don’t put things in there vac oven saturated to death w tane or open tane… usually just residual…and most the guys doing this are using sealed jars inside there APPROVED Vac oven designed for fuems… I’m pretty sure at least… i I’m not sure if all are rated the same

When it’s open jars solvent Im not sure

Hope I’m wrong about oven bc only reason I haven’t gotten one yet!

@Soxhlet

What’s ur take on this …I respect it more than most…tell me I’m wrong I’ll zip it like always master Jedi!

Is it safe to put raw tane in ur standard vac oven and sepearate question, why is buchner funnel butane a bad idea…what’s the science behind it?

And @Terpsovereverything just looking out! That’s what we do here!!!

1 Like

So ive never seen a vacuum oven raited as “explosion proof”, Classically resins that went into them had most of the solvents evaporated prior to “purging” them. Explosive levels were a non issue with shatters/ crumbles. The trend of storeing jars of leaking solvent in a oven is new, and certinly something that the manufactures never saw comeing. The first few days of having the jars in the oven is the most dangerous part, Im sure a few of you have opened the oven door to be greeted with a shimmery marage of gas. Those of us that have played with potato guns can imagine the effect of the ignited vapor.

So @StoneD to answer your question
Is the oven safe to fill with flammible gas?
Heck no!
Will people continue to use their oven for sauce?
probably yes, or at least till someone blows up!

That is why I advocate for use of a pressure vessel for mining dimonds, you can controll exactally where the flamibles are going.

community:
Should we all be flushing our ovens with n2 and venting outside before opening?

7 Likes

So how are people doing this jar tech safer? Everything that heats up to 85 uses electricity right ?

Do you have that in an oven ?

Yeah at 90°F

People suggest this is dangerous. Any idea why ?

Because you’re warming up a substance that’s building pressure inside a glass jar.

4 Likes

Right I get that, so we’re all just playing with fire then ?

1 Like

No, you can do the same process with a diamond miner which is not made of glass in some cases.

2 Likes