? On getting perfect bioavilibility rates in edibles

What is the perfect amount and/or best oils/emulsifers/etc… To create a potent edible using distillate(s)? My apologies if not in the proper forum. I new here and am wanting to learn. Thanks in advance to my my Oil Fam

That’s a very open ended question, there are different tools for each problem. Are we driving in a nail here or do we need to cut a board?

1 Like
2 Likes

who you aiming to medicate?

I find “potent” edibles can peak as late as 6hrs after ingestion. and the weaker ones often don’t show up much before the 60 min mark.

subligual will get you there faster, as will suppositories. suppositories will also do a partial end-run around the liver, and hence bypass some of the first pass metabolism.

for immediacy, and ease of titration, there ain’t nothin quite like huffin :wink:

3 Likes

A huge factor will be emulsification of your product. A search here for that term will bring up a lot of good threads on the issue and @CATScientific will attest.

1 Like

Use a heichler :wink:

Here is the problem with suppositores for me. I spend often days refining this compound to very high purity. There is pain involved because I am up and down a lot and longer days but it is a labor of love so the aches and pains are alright.

Then finally after extremely careful and hard won procedures come together I am left with a compound that has a gem like quality in clarity and represents likely the best effort a private individual can make at obtaining such purity at home for themselves.

The problem then becomes emotional… of all the things I could muster up the courage to do with my gem like and hard won compound (My Precious), putting it into my butt is just a psychological hurdle that I cannot overcome. In this sense it triggers anxiety. So for me inserting shatter, wax, or distillate into my bum is contraindicated owing to anxiety and besides those little spoons that come with the vaporizers don’t put much in anyway. What size dab would I even use???

3 Likes

Uhhhhh, I’m kinda stupid, but that considered I would use any fat that is appropriate to application; i.e. coconut oils, vegetable oils, butter, Shea butter, coconut butters, etc. Depending on whether you plan to consume or apply topically. Proper Cannabinoid and decarboxylation amounts can defer based on preferences, as cannabinoids in their acidic and non-acidic forms have specific proported health benefits.
When mixing, pay attention to the temperatures you apply for cooking your final product, as they will obviously affect your cannabinoids by means of decarboxylation or degradation.
Im not sure if I covered all of your thoughts, but hit up this thread or feel free to DM me if you’d prefer.

1 Like

Thankyou all for the input. The issue seems to be when using distillate(s) in making backed products is there a temperature limit NOT to go over? Is there a specific types of oils (coconut, mct,) and lecithin(s) or whatever would be best to get the most “bang for your buck” ?. Are there specific ratios of oil/lipids/emulsifers that will allow the cannabinoids to be absorbed as much as possible?

I do like lozenges/lolipops/hard candies as even 50mg dose in a lozenge seems strong. I’m thinking more easily into bloodstream due to the membranes in your mouth. Anyone have a good recipe for making 100mg/200mg hard candy/lozenges/lolipops using distillates? I appreciate all replies and direction. Thanks Fam!!

as far as bang for your buck, you might consider Bhang :slight_smile:

although I couldn’t quickly find a recipe that used distillate rather than flower.

1 Like
1 Like

Public thankyou to you Cyclopath and the few others with help in educating me…truly a life long process.

2 Likes