Oklahoma Votes No on Rec

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/07/us/oklahoma-marijuana-ballot.html

Still wondering if this was a good or a bad thing for us.

2 Likes

I was for it because of a few reasons. Mainly, freedom to have rec, less arrests, and the new restrictions they are making for us to be able to have ballot initiatives. Who knows when this opportunity will happen again for us in OK. No bill is perfect, at least we knew what this bill was. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m thinking that it lost so badly that they will be emboldened on implementing unnecessary regulations to the current program.

1 Like

Gosh, I hope that’s not the case. I wouldn’t put it past them though. I mean, did you see our governors response? Ugh.

“The reason I think it’s a bad idea is that it’s still illegal federally,” Governor Stitt said at a news conference last month. “I think marijuana is bad for young people. I think people need to understand the side effects of that.”

:man_facepalming: it Now looks like the Oklahoma medical market will be under attack soon with senate using the failed 820 vote as ammunition, well since that vote was only cast by 12-15% of the state population we now will have politics empowered by false misleading statistical data :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hit up gettinghighwithcats on insta. All he does is network and lobby. Pay the man, get results.

5 Likes

Great :upside_down_face:

1 Like

And this only leads to us manufacturers paying more fees and bullshit.

I ask myself often how do some of these politicians come up with the shit that they do. I mean this in a literal sense. For those running off a water well how would you catch something and those with greenhouses or outdoor there are generators for that can be used.

1 Like

https://www.news9.com/story/641ace4bc0548d0257eb93d2/several-marijuanarelated-bills-pass-through-oklahoma-legislature

There’s more churches than stop lights in a lot of cities. Of course existing licenses will be exempt and they aren’t giving out new ones for at least 18 months but it’s great to see them prioritizing legislation like this anyways :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t fret little ones

Even if god has abandoned Oklahoma

You’ll be able to get this trash in Michigan soon

2 Likes

One lawmaker is trying to implement “qualifying conditions” which would limit the medical market to a very small amount of consumers. It’ll probably pass because of the negative things that have come from the “wild Wild West” market.

So yeah, not passing rec and opening up the market was a stupid idea. As the market struggles, the market will become restricted and more people producing will struggle. They’ve also talked about laws like requiring two paid guards to operate on the premises 24/7.

It’s clear the government in Oklahoma only wants responsible, well funded companies to survive. Should’ve passed rec

2 Likes

I hope they repeal the whole medical bill. It’s been bad for everyone

Why? That would just lead to more arrests and black market shit. Best bet is to legalize and become a legitimate industry. When fed legalization hits, Oklahoma could be a powerhouse

Yeah like the whole state of Oklahoma isn’t a giant black market supplier with 3x more live plants than California in Metrc.

It’s a cancer that should be eradicated if they don’t want to pass sensible rec laws.

I mean, every state that’s rec seems to have a robust black market. Cali and Oregon certainly do. Should their programs also be eradicated so we can all go back to looking over our shoulders every day?

1 Like

I remember when only cali and Colorado nugs were on the market.

No boof

2 Likes

I know you referenced producers but still:

More to your point:

-no-to-recreational-pot-it-said-hell-no/

THC cap @30% and d10 ban also on the table:

5 Likes