oil rig

What is the best on the market rig to vape quality oils from? All I had to offer my guest recently was my old glass hitter tubes. I realized I have now invested five figures into decent gear if mistakes are added in but have never owned anything really cool to dab from. I am open to any suggestion and my criteria is that it is meant for use with guests so no little hitters.

I want something cool and not so plain Jane and figure nowmismthe time to go for it. Suggestions? Price is not the driving goal but rather ruggedness and quality. Ideas?

1 Like

The vapexhale seems to be good for extracts

A friend with a Puffco Peak sure seems to love it, myself I can’t justify nearly $400 for a smoking appliance The Puffco Peak | Award Winning Concentrate Vaporizer

1 Like

Get a cryptic cultures jtr banger. What you dab off of is more important than having a nice rig. Dont choose a rig with too much diffusion.

Hey @beaker have you ever tryed a nector collector? It seems like it would be up your alley because it allows you to smoke concentrate out of the dish without having to scoop anything up.

2 Likes

You cant really take nectar collector dabs at the right temp because it cant be capped

personally i just like the cheapie toro knockoff i got off ebay for $40 with a decent banger. if i break it…i buy a new one as they are inexpensive. I have yet to break one though and have had one for almost 3 years.

1 Like

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2014-new-matrix-sidecar-glass-bong-birdcage/214701656.html
how about a chineese mobius clone? I have several real mobius peices, I think they draw really well.
https://www.thickassglass.com/collections/oil-rigs/products/tag-7-ratchet-bubbler-with-water-recycler
theres also this
https://www.thickassglass.com/collections/oil-rigs/products/chris-schuler-6-5-bent-neck-bubble-can-single-arm-diffuser-w-reclaim-catch-38x4mm-sacred-geometry
I really like the foot on this one.
what kind of style did you want? Did you want an enail also?

1 Like

Thanks for the links! I iwll check each one out. I never really gave hot nail dabbing much of a try necause it was too cumbersome with a torch and all. I am completely deficient on the tech but these pics are oike what I had in mind. Something beefy but cool looking and obviously efficient.

I own a bag filler as I said but it is time to treat myself. Here I am spending lots of $$$ on all sorts of gear to refine but I always thought, “I’m not ready to spend good dollar on any kind of a rig.” Time to splurge a bit and then when I do have company I can get out “the good dishes” instead of broken cracked glass tubes.

I am a cheapskate at heart… thanks for the info. I do not know enough about enails and stuff to decide yet but now I have good leads. Thanks

2 Likes

you can use vinal tubing to adapt your vapor bag to your bubbler/rig. I used to do that with my volcano to add some filtration. Just inflate the bag and clip it on! You can just sit there and smoke without lighter or torch. This is also a really good way to smoke DMT too!:grin:

3 Likes

I just got this bad girl and she is now my favorite and one of the best rigs I’ve ever hit out of. I know it’s a bootleg Klein and a shitty one with the 45 degree slide but fuck she hits soo damn well and it works the best with my enail.

I got this off Dhgate. It was $29. Shipped it got here in 8 total days not business days. And the banger it came with is a nice solid piece as well.https://m.dhgate.com/product/ice-pinch-with-dgc-logo-great-pipe-water/391619433.html?invitorid=V3mmQ3c6

2 Likes

My friend Shane is the owner of Idab glass i am going there tomorrow If you see something yiou like I can get it for you for wholesale when i am there. His Henny bottles chug really nice. All made in Anaheim CA

1 Like

I got my rig from DH gate as well. Its dirty now, so no pics. Standard single diffuser 14" with ti nail and carb cap. 25.00 or so. I score my elcheapo v carts there as well.

2 Likes

dhgate is definetly the way to go. I got a super thick glass tube with 3 honeycomb water bubble chambers, a perculator water chamber and ice catcher for like 38$ Then you want all “glass on glass” pieces, shower head downstem, a honey catcher with a little removable clip and cup to catch your reclaim, heres where it gets into personal preferencce. The heating element/ nail and globe. I prefer titanium nail with a round glass globe. You heat the nail with a torch place globe on and dab away. I also have a titanium daber with build on carb cap/ stand so it stands upright and if you like low temp dabs or put to much in you can use the carb cap to adjust airflow. Ive used
electronic nails, honey buckets, glass, quarts nails, this is my favorite for ease of use and cleaning. I never use my rig for
flower but you could easily do it by switching 1 piece to a bowl. ! 20180907_123721|375x499

1 Like

Them blue clips come off easy then you can remove little cup and reclaim for dab. Mine needs a bath.

2 Likes

All that gear plus a JB chef torch and butane was under $100 easily. I used an old honey bucket style glass dome and removed the glass bucket so it has a nice handle so you dont burn yourself removing it to reheat.

2 Likes

Jeez and whats so special about this 200$ banger?

Do you have ordering info for this sort of device? I made a vaporizer out of heat tape wrapped around a SS pipe which itself is stuffed with SS scouring pad material. The heat tape cranks the temp up to 400F with a rudimentary thermostat. Then an airbrush pump meant for cake decoration is hooked to the barb fitting on one end of the pipe and pushes the vapor out the other barb fitted end into a dual neck flask modded as a bubbler from the ither end and the output goes into a Vapir one bag. Lolz it fills a bag in about eight seconds with a fog hehe. I dump the compound in the bottom by unscrewing the barb fitting and just dumping it in.

As you can imagine not exactly a portable rig and looks like something steam punk but also will fill a room with fog in a few minutes. Way too much and was meant originally to test extractions via vaporization into aerosol then cold trapping the aerosol. It works great until I start hitting on fog lolz… then I move on to other problems like why dark energy seems to be so… well… dark. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The rig you showed there looks pretty cool. Thanks.

1 Like

I want a Peak really bad. I love electric rigs but the bigger battery gives torch level heating capacity.

2 Likes