Odor control for greenhouse or indoor grows? Carbon scrubber alternatives

i think that uvonair is going to the the ticket though. i might add some extra ducting to the mix to increase “hang time”

2 Likes

They have a high and low switch. Then you put a regulator on your fan and play with fan speed. Slow it down till you get that clean hospital smell and walk away. I am an advocate of set it and forget it. Automation is king in my world.

3 Likes

You can try ozone generators and other more expensive options but carbon scrubbing works and a good quality carbon scrubber is worth it’s weight in gold, why try to reinvent the wheel lol I use rhino filters and can’t fault them

1 Like

the problem is im buying a 300 dollar carbon filter every 4 mos or so then trying to hoist it down and replacing a new one every 4 months is a real nightmare. not to mention it doest get rid of 100% smell. it does a decent job at about 50% smell but when my GG4 and funky strains start smelling like pure gasoline and baby shit and direct venting outside you can still get whiffs of it 500 ft down the driveway near the road.

1 Like

I see your issue, sounds like you need more carbon scrubbing than you currently run. I wish you all the best to solve the issue via other means. To me it sounds like you need to double up on carbon filtration which would not be cost effective but may solve your issue. Maybe combine carbon scrubbing with ozone generatots. From my exeperience ozone generators are not 100% efficient niether are carbon filters but a combination basically adding more until you reach the desired effect. The cost is an issue as you need to opt for high quality carbon but it’s better than risk of exposure.
Wish you all the best with your endeavours

1 Like

Found some custom built USA made units that output about 4x the amount of the uvonair. Said he can build them up to 100k mg/hr and any size duct

http://www.bestozonemachine.com/product-page/ozone-duct-hydroponic-machines-21-000mg-h

1 Like

Interesting. They say their paddles last for 5,000 hours. That is only 208 days if you run your units 24 hours per day. I wonder if you can replace them yourself?

Which ones?

I’ve read online plenty of ppl discuss cleaning their plates every 6 most. I’m sure the plates could be purchased and replaced. Have 2 sets. 1 gets swapped in and pull the others to clean then

They discuss it in #12 of their FAQ. They have an upgrade that will last 10,000 hours. It does not mention cleaning. Maybe they have different plates for their commercial unit?

http://www.bestozonemachine.com/all-you-need-to-knowfaq

1 Like

Whose considered the “good” scrubbers these days?

Is there any that actually last any decent time and is the most effective?

Why not go with sealed rooms, co2 tank, only use exhaust if acs fail, spend more money on decent ac and not on scrubbers and ozone generators?
Pretty much eliminates all smell outside of the rooms

So one thing i have found is burning for co2 is better because it eats up the 02 in the room to make co2 . The tank only adds co2 to the present mix in the air, burning eliminates the need to vent 02 from the headspace of the room.

1 Like

That’s interesting, never had to vent the headspace personally, however I get what your saying, you got my gears turning,
My only issue with burning for co2 is that it creates an extra fire hazard.

2 Likes

yeah and heat! gotta run a cold cap on your burner!

2 Likes

Right, I already have plenty of heat using open hoods not venting the lights, an sealed rooms so no airflow.
Not sure I could get away with adding more heat haha

1 Like

That’s how mine is!!! I think it comes through the floors and walls or something!!!

I’m adding another scrubber so I’ll have 2 6" in same room! Place might not be as well built or the shit just stinks to high hell and back…

Lately I’ve had nothing but Skywalker Kush and she is a stinky bitch!

(Ur babies coming up to bloom soon!)

ozone generators on the last step before outside vent

1 Like

i was able to find one that handles 3500 cfm

tried to find the company that made mine and i cant find it. i use the plate version inline with my exhaust

Yeah I’ve heard they great…

Btw u can hit the lil :pencil2: icon and edit post, it keeps the place clean, only if u was last post and all

Like if u wanna add something instead just replying again :wink:

2 Likes